Price watching

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect most members here are pretty good at locating on-line a decent price for an item they wish to buy,some people have better skills at this than others,I know it can be easy to rely on one or two regular sources for whatever it is they want,Stores like Amazon make it easy to choose and buy something you are looking for, though sometimes to easy.

Personally I still trawl though various on-line web sites to find the best deal,watching for hidden items like extra postage charges between different sellers,I am suggesting to aid those of us that may be looking for a good deal having a new board called price alert.

This could be used for many occasions to help each other out,it could be a member is looking for advice on the most suitable place to buy a particular item due to other members experience, it could be a good deal for a day to day object that a member has spotted somewhere, it could be a warning flag on what to avoid, there cold be something new on the market that members would like to hear a review on as one of us has bought one.

Let me know what you all think before I get this board rolling,as I know recently with Alan Bells book that some of you are aware of other places to buy books that I have never had dealings with

Terry

Sounds a good idea, Mal. We're all on the lookout for things related to Summer Wine so to have a spot here where we can pass on information to each other would be very usefull. Theres so little written about this great show, it's hard to believe.

Sounds a good idea, Mal. We're all on the lookout for things related to Summer Wine so to have a spot here where we can pass on information to each other would be very usefull. Theres so little written about this great show, it's hard to believe.

Yes indeed. Like wise I like it!

I hope with can cover many items with the price watch board,not just summer wine related, for example a local resident needed new batteries for her gate controller,they were the large round flat type, she was paying £5 each on the local market,she had 3 of these controllers and each got through the batteries in 6-8 weeks,I found I could get her packs of 10 for about £4.50 with postage

I know some members are avid collectors of summer wine items, they could ask other members to keep a look out for a certain item they wish to add to their collection

Sounds like a great idea, with the economic climate the way it is at the moment it would be a great boom for people, every penny counts at the moment.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll pass along all the good deals I find on flat caps. ;) Especially ones made in the UK and the USA. (Love it when things aren't made in China.)

Back