Pet dogs.

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
They say you are the result of your upbringing,so I must be feeling my mother's tutoring regarding dogs.We had dogs when I was young but they had their place and it was not on our knees or being fed from the dinner table (very Victorian) Is that the reason I now cringe when these tv personalities show us their pets on their laps , licking their master's faces. My mother would have had a fit if she watched (just think where it's already been licking itself was a favourite cry! :eek:) PLEASE PLEASE don't think I am anti-dog . Just trying to be objective!

I agree with you, Dick. All the dogs my family owned were working dogs. They were never in the house, let alone at the table or on our laps. They had a huge run in the garden and a kennel area.

I like animals but I'm terrified of dogs. I was chased twice when I was young by barking dogs so I've always been very weary of them.
When I met my husband he had a dog called Boozer ???

I like animals but I'm terrified of dogs. I was chased twice when I was young by barking dogs so I've always been very weary of them.
When I met my husband he had a dog called Boozer ???
it must have been love that kept you together eh?

Lets just say it was one of his little hobbies that hit the high road PDQ! 8)

He kept his dog it was the boozer that was given the boot. Boozer the dog was the only dog I ever lived with, he was pretty good. ;D ;D

I dislike dogs to, I can't be in the same room as one, it can be a bit embarrassing as it does inhibit what you can do.
Walking in the country is fraught with anxiety. Some people think we all love being jumped on by their pooches.

I don't think I have ever said this out loud, and most people don't know I don't like dogs, it's my guilty secret.

So I am glad I'm not alone

Back