Our new year outing

minxie

Dedicated Member
Well, we got to London at about 4 pm and it took an hour to get to the Embankment. We managed to find a restaurant to kill an hour or so before finding our 'spot' in which to settle and wait for the fireworks. So at 8 pm we found a spot in Horse guards avenue, and there we jigged about for four solid hours to keep warm. You know when your bored when 'I spy' gets tedious. Our neighbours were friendly and at 10 pm the countdown started, then one of our neighbours went to the loo, and disappeared for over an hour, and the girlfriend started to get panicky and tearful. Marty went in search but to no avail, and just as we were all deciding what to do next he showed up!!! He had been in the loo queue all this time.

Eventually the fireworks began and the noise was tremendous and the sight amazing, not quite as good as the ones flying about this screen i might add. Then we walked towards Trafalgar and we were herded like animals by the police in stages before being allowed to move on. I have to say, this bit was quite scary and Marty was holding my hand really tight. A police horse then decided to get a bit skittish and scared me silly, as I couldn't quite get out of the way. soooooo, three hours later we get back to our hotel 3.15 am by this time so exhausted.
I have to say the sight was brilliant, but never again, now snuggled on the couch, tea, biccies, and the fire, and in my pj's even though its's only 1.30 pm.
I hope your new year was less 'crowded' than mine.

xx

Here in the US they show New Years all over the world, which they probably do all over. Seen where you guys in London did have a beautiful show. That is some trip to see the nations fireworks in person. Sad to say. I didn't watch ours! :-[

Back