Opening credits

Mrg

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I was just wondering if anyone knew where abouts the big rocks in the opening credits with a man and a woman stood close are located?

Many thanks

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I was just wondering if anyone knew where abouts the big rocks in the opening credits with a man and a woman stood close are located?

Many thanks

I think we'll need to know which episode.
Welcome to the forum :)

Yeah, welcome to the forum mate, and as George says, narrowing it down a bit could help!

Can I add welcome too.

I think there are about 295 different opening sequences, some rural some urban, so as already stated we need to know which episode to help answer the question.

Many thanks

Greetings, Mrg.

I am wondering if episode to which you refer is "Last Post and Pigeon". Sounds a bit like it.

Thanks folks for the warm welcome, and your replies. I have checked the last post and pigeon, unfortunately this isn't the one. All I remember is that it was shown on uk gold on 25th march, I think at 7pm.

Many thanks

Greetings, Mrg.

I am wondering if episode to which you refer is "Last Post and Pigeon". Sounds a bit like it.

I have just been going through the opening credits of the episodes I have - which is most of them - and 'Last Post and Pigeon' with the vicar and his assistant is the only one I can find.
With regards to it been screened on the 25th March this year, UK Gold were re-running series 1 which would rule out the 'rock' scene.

Hope that helps :)

25th March was a Sunday, so no episode was shown on that evening. The whole of the first series was shown in the morning though.

the following day, the episode shown in the evening were "The Miraculous Curing of Old Geoff Helliwell" and "The Frenchies are Coming". the first of these features this in the opening credits..no man and woman, just the regular cast, but it is an impressive rock. could this be what youre looking for

vlcsnap-00079.jpg

That looks very like the rocks that Seymour,Cleggy and Compo are standing on in Wind Power.Could be wrong though.

Hector.

Me and my daughter visit these rocks overlooking Marsden and Pule Hill regularly and have taken some truly stunning Photographs. If I knew how to upload them I would put one on. They were on TV yesterday evening. When we were last up there a film crew from Sky Atlantic were filming episodes for a series called Hit & Miss which is currently being aired on that channel . Well worth watching for the locations. If anyone does manage to watch I would be interested to know where the town is that they film in. All I know is it is definately on the Lancashire side because a signpost for Littleborough was shown on more than one occasion in yesterday evenings episode.

Be warned it is not for familiy viewing. I suppose full frontal nudity is a lot more acceptable on TV these days but this shows a person going through a sex change with all sorts of bits hanging there!!

Back