Odd group of people.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
I was just thinking today, what an odd group of people we are. I was reading Amos's thread about classical music and the replies he has received and realised that we really are all from different walks of life, I've noticed this before but today I was trying to think of any other situation where I would be mixing with classical music lovers, train enthusiasts and preachers and can't for the life of me imagine it.

This forum has made me realise just how much I've changed, I've always tried to be tolerant of other peoples beliefs, faiths and interests but didn't think I'd enjoy the company of others that are so different to me as much as I enjoy you all.

It gives me a renewed faith in mankind to think that so long as we don't discuss politics, religion or Monty Python anyone can get along with anyone else.

We are all so different and yet we all get on so well. I have met some lovely people on here and I'm proud to call them friends.

(Sorry to be soppy, I must be sickening for something :21:)

Ditto, Pearl. This is the first forum I have been in and I think of you all as friends myself. My husband has asked, when we do make a trip to Holmfirth, would any of the people I talk to show up? I said those close by would certainly meet for tea and buns. If timing was right I would hope that you Pearl would be able to make a trip up!!!! Maybe someday. We all have friends that we have different thoughts or beliefs, but you still treasure the friendships.:28:

We all have something in common petal ;) ;) (What's wrong with Monty Python ?? :me: :me:)

Regret having to introduce a note of dissent, a touch of incongruence bordering on mésalliance, even tending to dissonance, but I just cannot accept the sobriquet 'odd'. I boast of being superbly even in all things.

I will, however, happily meander along in the happy state of mind of 'weird'.

:12: :12: :12: :12: :12: :12:

Have to agree that we are, indeed, a really strange grouping of individuals who are tolerant of each other and accept each other. And friendship has grown out of spending time talking about all sorts of things.

Yes, in one sense I can see how Pearl finds it strange with the "types" she mixes with, yet in some way it gives me a sense of hope that it is possible to live with difference.

Ditto, Pearl. This is the first forum I have been in and I think of you all as friends myself. My husband has asked, when we do make a trip to Holmfirth, would any of the people I talk to show up? I said those close by would certainly meet for tea and buns. If timing was right I would hope that you Pearl would be able to make a trip up!!!! Maybe someday. We all have friends that we have different thoughts or beliefs, but you still treasure the friendships.:28:

I certainly live only 30 miles from Holmfirth and if I knew you were going to be around I would try and get down to say "hello".

Regret having to introduce a note of dissent, a touch of incongruence bordering on mésalliance, even tending to dissonance, but I just cannot accept the sobriquet 'odd'. I boast of being superbly even in all things.

I will, however, happily meander along in the happy state of mind of 'weird'.

:12: :12: :12: :12: :12: :12:

Unc, if you didn't find something to dissent I'd be worry and hurt. :wink:

Have to agree that we are, indeed, a really strange grouping of individuals who are tolerant of each other and accept each other. And friendship has grown out of spending time talking about all sorts of things.

Yes, in one sense I can see how Pearl finds it strange with the "types" she mixes with, yet in some way it gives me a sense of hope that it is possible to live with difference.

My thoughts exactly, I find I tolerated a lot more from you lot than I do in other groups in my life D :D :D

I should think that when you get to Holmfirth, you can raise a teacup in the Cafe or perhaps a pint in various pubs and salute absent friends.

Back