newtosummerwine

newtosummerwine

Hi everyone - I am 54 and from Cheshire.

Believe it or not I'd never watched Summer Wine until just a few months ago but I am loving all the older episodes showing on Gold. I love the excellent performance by Peter Sallis as the very much underrated Cleggy. He and compo were absolutely the perfect double act. Sad to see that many of the original stars have gone now but they are all giving me hours of enjoyment. I wonder if any of the cast visit this site.:respect::22::pc:

Welcome to the forum, I hope you get to see all the episodes, I know there are 295 of them but there's nothing better to do :)

Welcome to the forum! I almost envy you the pleasure of seeing the episodes for the first time. They still make me laugh, but the first time I saw each one, the humor was compounded by surprise.

Marianna

Hello newtosummerwine, I am from the States in Tennessee, and have been a fan for about 3 years now. I have to say this is a great group of people and hope you enjoy the topics people bring to the forum. Love to hear input, and I agree that Compo and Clegg had something special didn't they. Great group of men. All of them.

Glad to have you with us Newtosummerwine. I have been watching for about six years and soon became my favorite.

Hi NEW to summerwine . . welcome . . before you know you'll have to change your name to OLD to summerwine . . have fun . . happy to be a wino.

Welcome. Some on this site are sane and others quite barmy. You will get to find out which is which in time. good luck.:whisper:

:13: We are all ferpeckly sane H J .Its only a certain few who have lost their funny bone and are out of step.:30:

Hi newtosummerwine,
Welcome,everyone is lovely here,
I'm the same age as you,but its been part of my life for a long time,from first watching at 13 yrs old,with my parents,to watching at 50 with my children,and being so sad at its loss,part of its beauty is that its a very rare programme that you can watch with your parents,and your children,just lovely friendly,gentle humour,
The more you watch,the more you will get hooked,
enjoy the forum
icon7.png

Welcome newtosummerwine!!! From Florida USA here, love the show as well, can't get enough. Enjoy the forum!!!

Back