New Series 3 Poll

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
As Promised here is the series 3 Poll,pick one favourite and the poll runs for 14 days

This is tricky, I like both Scarborough episodes and Isometrics, I chose the latter one because I couldn´t decide.

Very tricky to choose, it was a very close thing between the Man from Oswestry, The Scarborough based episodes, Mending Stuarts Leg and A Kink in Foggy's Niblick.

I eventually chose 'Niblick'

I chose Niblick because I like it the best of the series. I am not fond of any of the " Gordon" episodes . Dont ask me why, I just cannot get excited about any of them!

No doubt part of it is down to my love of Scarborough but I had to choose "boarding house caper". It's a very high quality serious though, none of the episodes are less than very good

This was a tough one. I love "Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper" as I just love the travelling episodes. I like to get lost in the episodes and imagine I am travelling with the trio. Maybe that sounds pathetic but can you imagine how much fun it would have been to take a Scarborough trip with the guys. The trio just seemed to enjoy things more than Sid, Ivy, and Gordon.

However, as much as I like "Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper", I had to vote on "Going to Gordon's Wedding". I just love all of the mishaps. Someone in the previous forum mentioned the role of social class in Summer Wine. I noticed a few times a "divide in social classes" was used as part of the show in the first few years (such as Pate and Chips). This was one of those episodes. I had also recently seen Happy Anniversary Jessie and Gough and I really enjoy seeing the guys on such events. It reminds me of when I was single in my twenties and my friends and I would always attend the events and end up in the singles tables (like Summer Wine, we just seemed to have more fun than the couples). I also recall attending a wedding once, reminding me of Gordon's Wedding where there was an obvious class divide between the bride and groom's sides. My friends and I were happy to be on the "lower" side. We had great fun with it.

This was a tough one. I love "Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper" as I just love the travelling episodes. I like to get lost in the episodes and imagine I am travelling with the trio. Maybe that sounds pathetic but can you imagine how much fun it would have been to take a Scarborough trip with the guys. The trio just seemed to enjoy things more than Sid, Ivy, and Gordon.

Yes, I definitely had the same idea, how great it would have been to go on a trip with them!!! It´s possible I even put a comment on youtube saying this, I can´t remember now. But yes, I would have loved that, gosh, what a trip that would have been :D!

Just remember that if my favourite does not win every time then I spit my dummy out and take all my toys home ;D

This was a tricky one I like The Man From Osw and The Great Boarding House Caper. I was I vey torn with this one.

Great polls Andy thank you :D

Andy??? ???

Sorry, my head is still in bed and my fingers are hopless in the mornings ;D

The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper for me. I live in Scarborough, so it was a rel treat for me, aswell as Cheering Up Gordon. But what distinguished it from Cheering Up Gordon was how Compo kept washing his feet and caught Nora before going to bed, and the scene at Lunch with Rose and the woman collecting the plates. Being at the top of the hotel was classic too, aswell as Scarborough Seafront. Great way of seeing what Scarborough Seafront was like in 1976. ;D

a very difficult choice again, but i went 4 niblick as well, my favourite from the series but oswestry and scarbrough eps are coming a close second

My vote went to The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper as i really enjoy the holiday episodes.There is something about these episodes that i can never quite put my finger on and i never tire of watching them. ;D

I also particularly liked Isometrics and after but really,i think the whole series was excellent.

Hector

Back