New Member From United States

C

Cyndy

Thank you for this wonderful forum. My husband and I have been watching LOSW on PBS for years. I stumbled onto more series episodes on YouTube while looking for my other fav BBC comedies like keeping Up Appearances, Are You being Served, Vicar. Of Dibely, and some masterpiece Series. We Love LOSW. While some years of it are better then other years, there is always a laugh "fix" to catch!

We are farmers from Midwestern Illinois. At first the accents kept us confused, after all comedies are a breezy thing to watch, straining to think things out is not a component of lovers of comedy series!

One thing about LOSW, you have to be a personality who likes a continuation of the same trio and story lines. The changing of leaders, Blamire, Foggy Seymore, Foggy again, then Truely is something that takes easing into!

Welcome - I am from Texas. I started watching British shows on our local PBS station many years ago; at first it was Dr Who, Fawlty Towers and Mr. Bean. Then in the 90's they changed their format and had British Comedy weekends and I had never been so thrilled. I fell in love with LOTSW and Keeping Up Appearances.

You will love the forum - everyone is really nice :dance:

Thank you for this wonderful forum. My husband and I have been watching LOSW on PBS for years. I stumbled onto more series episodes on YouTube while looking for my other fav BBC comedies like keeping Up Appearances, Are You being Served, Vicar. Of Dibely, and some masterpiece Series. We Love LOSW. While some years of it are better then other years, there is always a laugh "fix" to catch!

We are farmers from Midwestern Illinois. At first the accents kept us confused, after all comedies are a breezy thing to watch, straining to think things out is not a component of lovers of comedy series!

One thing about LOSW, you have to be a personality who likes a continuation of the same trio and story lines. The changing of leaders, Blamire, Foggy Seymore, Foggy again, then Truely is something that takes easing into!

Hi Cyndy

Nice to have you aboard and we look forward to your postings,Terry

Welcome ;D
If you need anything translating just ask here we all happy to help. :D

Thanks to you all. I am looking @ the list of people who have appeared on the series. Very interesting!

Hi Cyndy. I am just a bit away from you. I live in Indiana. Good to have you aboard! :)

:coffee: Good morning, welcome to the SW site, I have only been here a few months and enjoy the people on this site, from the US and the UK. I am LOTSW fan from TN.

Thanks again. With yet another 5 inches of snow, today was a LOSW marathon!

Funny, I keep wanting to do a "like" like we do on Facebook to every reply! :dance:

Back