My daughter's birthday is today.

Beth

Dedicated Member
Ashley is 20 years old. I can't believe 20 years have gone by. She will be finishing up her 2nd year at Purdue University. It looks like she will be completing her internship in Mexico; there a couple of more options (Japan, the Phillipines or Wales) but more than likely she will be there managing a site of housing construction in Mexico.

For those of you who have seen her, she is a girly girl, very petite and likes to dress up. The other side of her is a girl who loves to build things out of anything. When she was little I didn't buy her dolls. I bought her racecar tracks and trains. At Christmas the clerks would comment on the presents for my son, and I would say no she is a girl who loves boy's toys. :)

When she graduates I am going to buy her a pink construction hat with some "bling" on it just for fun. :D

Happy Birthday Ashley!!

I bought my wife a pink tool box and toolset, because she was forever asking where I'd left this spanner or those pliers etc. ;) ;) ;D

I bought my wife a pink tool box and toolset, because she was forever asking where I'd left this spanner or those pliers etc. ;) ;) ;D
That is too funny Dick. She was handy around the house eh? Did you play the role of the assistant or did you stay out of her way?

I mostly did the work but if I wasn't home she would "roll up her sleeves" and do it herself!! ;) :-*

I was Beth :) Even when I came home and found her crying on the bottom stair ,surrounded by shreds of new wallpaper . She'd tried to wallpaper the stairs and just could not get it to go "right". It was either her or her mother who papered but this day it was no good .I'd never papered before but took my coat off and helped her to make it presentable(not perfect but......) We had to go and get two more rolls to replace the ones she'd torn up in frustration ::) ::)

Don't tell Pearl -Susan but I side tracked a thread again :-[ :-[ :me:
Just realised I haven't wished Ashley a happy birthday :-[ :dance: :dance: :dance:

Ahh bless her heart. Wallpapering is one of the hardest things to do. We had family do it for us once because it was almost impossible to do. After that we stuck with paint only. ::) She sounds like she was a bit of a perfectionist. You had a lot of compassion to understand why she was so upset. Sometimes we (women) don't know why we get so emotional over things that men just look at you like your weird. You deserve a respect icon. :respect:

Building Construction Management. I think she will look cute in a pink construction hat.

Yes she does. Ill see if I can post a picture of her. As I had said she is such a girly girl, I can't imagine her in these kind of sights, but she knows what she wants to do. I wish I knew what I wanted to do. :D

Back