musical instruments

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
I recall seeing Barry with a piano and saxophone, Howard with a double bass, the trio with recorders, so can anybody else recall episodes where musical instruments played an important role to particular characters? Wasn't there somebody who played the flute to attract birds?

Edited to note that marching bands don't count for this thread.

Do's Compo's pretend banjo count?? ;) ;) (Crack ,crack goes the whip ,I whistle and I sing.....Joe the carriers lad ;D)

alvin also played an all in one musical thingy (similar to compo in "Who's Got Rythem") in one of the christmas specials, i think it was the one where lionel blair was a guest star but cant remember the episode name

alvin also played an all in one musical thingy (similar to compo in "Who's Got Rythem") in one of the christmas specials, i think it was the one where lionel blair was a guest star but cant remember the episode name

A Short Blast Of Fred Astaire

Lionel Blair played a very brief cameo role in "A Short Blast of Fred Astaire" but what on earth is "an all in one musical thingy"? I did wonder about the cobbler and his awl in "Julius Caesar":

"Truly, sir, all that I live by is with the awl: I meddle with no tradesman’s matters, nor women’s matters, but with awl. I am, indeed, sir, a surgeon to old shoes; when they are in great danger, I recover them. As proper men as ever trod upon neat’s leather have gone upon my handiwork."

I do seem to recall Alvin playing a one man band in "A Short Blast of Fred Astaire".

thats the one george and unc, couldnt remember the name, the musical thingy i was on about unc was a one man band thing i couldnt remember the name of them, total memory block today ???

Another memory that's gone foggy.Was there a scene once where (possibly)Alvin played the comb and paper for some reason?? ??? Have I got it mixed up with something else??

Another memory that's gone foggy.Was there a scene once where (possibly)Alvin played the comb and paper for some reason?? ??? Have I got it mixed up with something else??

He played Moonriver on comb and paper in Has Anyone Seen a Peruvian Wart :)

Back