Mucky Neck?

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I watched Desperate for a Duffield. Everyone kept saying how the lady Compo was looking for had a "Mucky Neck." I don't even know if I am saying it right. What is it?

Thanks for the super fast reply, Pearl. They talked about it as if it was some sort of medical condition!

Some would say that the ladies were indirectly responsible for mucky necks in our beloved show, with Edie as the prime suspect , putting Wasley in his best suit , knowing fine well that all men fiddle with tight shirt collars , Wasley's hands are never 100% clean thus a mucky neck was inevitable .

Some would say that the ladies were indirectly responsible for mucky necks in our beloved show, with Edie as the prime suspect , putting Wasley in his best suit , knowing fine well that all men fiddle with tight shirt collars , Wasley's hands are never 100% clean thus a mucky neck was inevitable .

Which is why you had detachable collars - so you could have a clean one without a fresh shirt. As modelled by Norman Clegg and myself up to about 1976 - still have some somewhere, Van Heusen style 11 ....

Last edited:
Odd thing is, when I used to hear/read the term Mucky Neck
it had less to do with a dirty neck and more to do with
oogy nasty sickly diseased skin.

Back