Missed it

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I was not able to get my camera in time today, the Vulcan and two Lancaster's flew low over my home today,the noise was fantastic

I saw a Vulcan many years ago at the Biggin Hill Air show. Did you know that the Vulcan sound was used as the sound of the Millenium Falcon spacecraft in the star wars films. I read that somewhere.

List of UK Air Shows: http://www.airshows.org.uk/2014/calendar/uk-airshow-calendar.html

For this coming weekend:

23rdDawlish Airshow, Devon - The seaside town of Dawlish is a premier resort on the south coast of Devon and, with its glorious bay and dramatic coastline, it’s the perfect setting for the spectacle that is ‘Dawlish Air Show’. Each year this event attracts over 80,000 people to watch an array of aircraft take to the sky at this award winning air show.
23rd-24thDunsfold Wings and Wheels, Dunsfold Park, Surrey - Firmly established as one of the UK’s most popular family days out , Dunsfold Wings & Wheels will be returning to the historic setting of Dunsfold Aerodrome (home of BBC’s Top Gear), Guildford, Surrey for its tenth successive year.GU6 8TB
23rd-25thMilitary Odyssey, Kent County Showground, Detling, Kent - Battles, Arena Demonstrations & Living History Displays' Restored Military Vehicles.ME14 3JF
24thCold War Jets Open Day, Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire - We endeavour to keep the aircraft in operable condition and to help us ‘exercise’ the aircraft we have two open days per year where any aircraft that are serviceable will carry out full power taxi runs along our main runway. This makes for an incredible spectacle and an ideal opportunity to get close to the aircraft. - LE17 5QS
24thLittle Gransden Air & Car Show, Cambridgeshire - Supporting the BBC Children in Need Appeal 2013 and local charities, the Little Gransden Air & Car Show will include over four hours of vintage and aerobatic flying displays, a vintage, veteran and classic vehicle rally plus numerous other attractions. We have been running our show since 1992 and have raised over £165,000 for charity over the years.. - SG19 3BP
25thProps and Pistons – East Kirkby, Lincolnshire - Our bank holiday events are set to bring to life vintage aircraft. This day should let you see some of the worlds most famous aircraft along with some truly amazing cars. Gates open 9.30am. Lancaster taxy runs at 11am, 1.30pm and 4.00pm, Flying displays to be confirmed, Car list to be confirmed- PE23 4DE

Is this the one? http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/events/Special-Events/monday-25th-august--props-and-pistons.htm

I thought so, with it being Bank Holiday this Monday there usually is. The Wood Fairs on at Beacon Hill too.

I was not able to get my camera in time today, the Vulcan and two Lancaster's flew low over my home today,the noise was fantastic

I was at Eastbourne last Monday for the air show there. The two Lancasters and the Vulcan were scheduled to appear but the weather in their area was not good for flying so they could not appear. Due to their great age as the commentator put it. :( I tried to get some pictures of the Red Arrows and a P51 Mustang that did appear but I fear I need a better camera than the 4 pixel Canon that I have.Most of the photo's I did get are just dots in the sky ;D ;D

I was at Eastbourne last Monday for the air show there. The two Lancasters and the Vulcan were scheduled to appear but the weather in their area was not good for flying so they could not appear. Due to their great age as the commentator put it. :( I tried to get some pictures of the Red Arrows and a P51 Mustang that did appear but I fear I need a better camera than the 4 pixel Canon that I have.Most of the photo's I did get are just dots in the sky ;D ;D

You're back then?..................... Well you needn't think anyone missed you. :35:

Back