lily bless her!

lotswfan72

Dedicated Member
i am surprised compo didn't make a day in the week for lily bless her in getting sam home! she was right up his street! stocking tops on show and a beer in her hand! lol very nice, the best lynda baron has looked lol! she was great in Open all hours!

I liked Lily Bless Her, I wish we had seen more of her.
She seem to get on with everyone, even Sam's wife let her ride in the car at the end. I know I'm a big soppy girls blouse but that scene always brings a tear to my eye. :'(

I liked Lily Bless Her, I wish we had seen more of her.
She seem to get on with everyone, even Sam's wife let her ride in the car at the end. I know I'm a big soppy girls blouse but that scene always brings a tear to my eye. :'(
I would have like to see more of her too. She had a kind heart.

ha lol yeah she was a good character! think getting sam home was filmed in 1982 so she would of being doing open all hours around the same time 76-78 first then 82-85 so suppose she was busy so at that time even if they wanted to further the character she probably wouldn't of been able to!

It would have been nice to see her make a reappearance at a later date once OAH had finished, but by the time, Marina was firmly established as the Scarlett Woman....and then later we had Ros.
Lily would have been a smashing, semi-regular incidental character.
She should have designs on Foggy to make it work and just as Clegg was petrified of Marina, there would have been some mileage in her pursuit, or even winding up the fine upstanding Military gentleman!

I have a feeling Marina and Lily Bless Her would not have been firm friends, they would have been nice to each other because that's how they were, but not the best of mates. :D

Back