Just testing

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
'Far, far from impressed. Word that comes to mind is underwhelmed.'

Am now most puzzled. Definitely typed in above in upper case and did likewise for the thread title. But when going to 'Preview Post', what I got was as above. Is there some ban on shouting on the forum? I will now try typing above again in upper-case and see what that gives me.

No, still coming out with all upper-case removed except for capitalisation (which is surprisingly all correct). And it is changed both in the 'Preview' Box and this, my 'Message' box.

I suspect a subtle form of censorship.

:me: :me: :me: :me:

Am now most puzzled. Definitely typed in above in upper case and did likewise for the thread title. But when going to 'Preview Post', what I got was as above. Is there some ban on shouting on the forum? I will now try typing above again in upper-case and see what that gives me.

No, still coming out with all upper-case removed except for capitalisation (which is surprisingly all correct). And it is changed both in the 'Preview' Box and this, my 'Message' box.

I suspect a subtle form of censorship.

:me: :me: :me: :me:

We don't want you shouting at us on a Saturday morning, one of two of the regulars enjoy a pint or 10 on Friday night and they don't need the shouting :D :16:

THIS IS ALL IN UPPER CASE
This is not

Just incase we didn't know that? ( No pun intended )

However, and I don't say this lightly, :13:) I have to agree with Big Unc, I've shouted at people before and have been "Censored" ! I thought Dick had been paying for my censorship! :'( :biggrin:

Upper case

lower case

I typed the title in upper case and the editor changed it. I typed the phrase "lower case" in all lower case and the editor left it untouched.

Weird!

Marianna

Okay, Big Unc, what did you do to get CAPS, as I don't know how? Another off topic question . . In The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty, what is the name of the toothpaste that Compo is thinking of when Foggy mentions euthanasia? I know I should know this. I am sure we had adverts in the USA for it. Just escapes me. Any help?

Okay, Big Unc, what did you do to get CAPS, as I don't know how? Another off topic question . . In The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty, what is the name of the toothpaste that Compo is thinking of when Foggy mentions euthanasia? I know I should know this. I am sure we had adverts in the USA for it. Just escapes me. Any help?

A guess:

'Euthymol – a brand of antiseptic, fluoride-free toothpaste distributed by Johnson & Johnson that is characterised by its bright pink colour and medicinal taste. The antiseptic ingredient in the product is thymol.'

And as for the uppercase, I WONDER IF THERE IS SOME FILTER WHICH LIMITS THE PERCENTAGE OF UPPERCASE LETTERS IN A POST?

Ah, that must be it. Do you remember it? I was totally wrong that it was here in the States.

Let me try this
THIS IS UPPERCASE and this is lowercase

Edit: Hmmm. strange. I know there is a setting to prevent shouting, let me go and have a look.

Right, found it,
This is the setting:
Prevent your users 'shouting' in their thread titles/message text by changing all-uppercase titles with at least this many characters to capitalization only on the first letters of some words.

Set the value to 0 to disable this function.
It is currently set to it's default value, "8"

I do remember well that a number of the boards I used to administrate, and all those that I still administrate (down to 4 now) do insist that there is no shouting (general member consensus), it does become a little tedious, though I will willingly and gladly increase the value to a more suitable figure if required.
Edit: On second thoughts I do think on a board like ours this setting can be disabled as the vast majority of the persistent shouters I remember are those nasty things called teenagers!!!!

Last edited:
Right, found it,
This is the setting:
It is currently set to it's default value, "8"

I do remember well that a number of the boards I used to administrate, and all those that I still administrate (down to 4 now) do insist that there is no shouting (general member consensus), it does become a little tedious, though I will willingly and gladly increase the value to a more suitable figure if required.
Edit: On second thoughts I do think on a board like ours this setting can be disabled as the vast majority of the persistent shouters I remember are those nasty things called teenagers!!!!

Well only ever shout at Dick and he likes it so........................ :21::21::21:

Well that posted as I typed it. Hmmmm.

SO, IT DID NOT LIKE ALL CAPITALS - WHICH I BELIEVE IS KNOWN AS "SHOUTING" IN COMPUTERESE; FOR SOME. HMMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMM

Just maybe

Did it get fixed or is it simply it cannot all be uppercase?

IT SURE DOES NOT LIKE IT IF ALL UPPERCASE.

Back