iPhone & iPad users

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm certainly not an IT expert like some on this site, but I'm an Apple user as I find their stuff the easiest to use for my simple non IT literate brain and it doesn't seem to be pre-loaded with content and programs I don't want - like with my works PC.

I've discovered a browser called Brave Private Browser which is available on the app store for iphone & ipads for free and to my amazement if blocks all the annoying ads on YouTube & Dailymotion. I know posters on this forum like me find the ads so annoying. I had to delete the YT & Dailymotion apps or it keeps trying to open them. But now I can watch the many episodes of vintage comedy I love on Dailymotion & YT!

Brave is good, it's Chromium based. I also run Linux partitioned on my laptops for change and I like the browser on it. Browser, Firefox, Search engine, Startpage..

Last edited:
I see YT ad fee will now cost £12. 99p a month, no thanks, just use adblocker on my browser

but I'm an Apple user as I find their stuff the easiest to use for my simple non IT literate brain and it doesn't seem to be pre-loaded with content and programs I don't want - like with my works PC.
Apple / Mac user...... person after my own heart. ALL HAIL THE APPLE **^^<: ^^>:^^>:

If it was say a fiver I'd pay that, but £13 a month is even more than the TV licence so it's ad blocks for me too. I do make a point of turning off my ad blocker when watching @theatrically_inclined 's summerwine videos so he hopefully gets some of the ad revenue for his hard work.
Thanks, but although I can monetise by selling "merchandise" I don't get any ad revenue. I can only do that with over 1,000 subscribers and a month-long YouTube accreditation process! ... and ad revenue is a fraction of a penny per view!

Thanks, but although I can monetise by selling "merchandise" I don't get any ad revenue. I can only do that with over 1,000 subscribers and a month-long YouTube accreditation process! ... and ad revenue is a fraction of a penny per view!
That didn’t seem fair.

Make sure you don’t merchandise those Shinyglow mugs I’m relying on their rarity to make me rich :D

I've never had a bit of trouble with Windows. You have to run it, not let it run you. The first thing I do is get all the rubbish out of it. I find a good build and stay with that, ie, I block windows updates so they can't mess it up. Basically updates are more fluff and glitz and fixing things they messed up. I take care of the security myself. I changed some settings here and there, both system and registry. The last update I did was November 2018. They're fast, reliable and have no issues...

Last edited:
Back