In The Service Of Humanity

Bora Natty

Dedicated Member
I'm sitting here watching this episode on the Drama channel and the guys were outside. There were two cars sitting ahead of them and one looked like the rear of a Ford Pinto as it was called here. I was curious, did you have a version of that there, or was I just imagining it? I had one briefly in the 1970's..

I'm sitting here watching this episode on the Drama channel and the guys were outside. There were two cars sitting ahead of them and one looked like the rear of a Ford Pinto as it was called here. I was curious, did you have a version of that there, or was I just imagining it? I had one briefly in the 1970's..
My sister had a Chevy Nova at about that time. One snowy day she was greatly humiliated by having to be pushed up a short slight slope by a Pinto!

We didn't have the Ford Pinto in the UK. I think the two cars were an Austin Allegro and a Vauxhall Chevette. The Chevette did have a sloping rear similar to the Pinto.

I always smile at the fact that Chavettes were known as Vauxhall Shove-its as they were so unreliable and frequently breaking down!!

We didn't have the Ford Pinto in the UK. I think the two cars were an Austin Allegro and a Vauxhall Chevette. The Chevette did have a sloping rear similar to the Pinto.
Thanks Roger. at the Glance I saw of it, it had that sloped rear and the lights looked much like it. I thought maybe Ford did something under another name. We had a Chevette here too, it was put out by Chevrolet, or Chevy as we say here...

Last edited:
My Grandfather had a Chevette. I remember when I was younger he had a lovely purple MK 1 Cortina. Shiny Oak Dashboard. Oak around the inside above the door handles. Immaculate inside and out. Did he hang on to it. No the silly old duffer sold it for only 200 pounds and bought a clapped out Hillman Avenger estate. My nan went crazy if I remember

I looked it up, that would be a nice car to have. Kinda reminds me a bit of a Rambler, we had here many moons ago..

Last edited:
Back