Important Message from Summer Wine Towers

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Members,we are doing major refurbishment to the office next week,so the main computer,servers etc will be off, this will not effect the site,but I will have limited time to check on you all,if it is a urgent matter then mail me as that will get read every few hours,I hope to get all the work completed before my trip to Holmfirth next week

Regards

Terry

Hope the refurbishment goes ok Terry and enjoy the trip up to Holmfirth

The room is now empty,at the moment we are removing 25 year old wallpaper,with luck tomorrow the new paper goes up

Hope it all goes well Terry, save me a scone please has we'll be going up there in a couple of weeks ;D

The walls are papered and ceiling painted,today the walls get painted,then with luck tomorrow we start adding the fittings,still a lot to do but it is getting there

The walls are papered and ceiling painted,today the walls get painted,

OK, maybe I am confused here.

I thought you guyz in the UK papered your ceilings, as is often
mentioned in various Brit-Coms, like That Bucket Woman.

But y'all PAPER the walls, and then PAINT the papered walls???

Howcum is that???

Not sure about everyone else but I paper my ceiling then paint it ( Of cause when I say I paper I mean the man of the house) ;)

But why paint over paper???

That is clearly different from here in the states, far so I know.

Only time I ever painted over paper was when I could
not strip the paper, and that was on a wall not a ceiling.
Ceilings here get semi-gloss white. No paper.

This may help to explain Brit-Coms like LOTSW. No wonder
those guyz wander the hills.

But why paint over paper???

That is clearly different from here in the states, far so I know.

Only time I ever painted over paper was when I could
not strip the paper, and that was on a wall not a ceiling.
Ceilings here get semi-gloss white. No paper.

This may help to explain Brit-Coms like LOTSW. No wonder
those guyz wander the hills.

The paper has a pattern but no colour,so you can have it the colour you want,here is a link to give you some idea of what it looks like http://www.superfrescoeasy.com/product/02-033/Eve/6 so it is just a printer paper and you paint it

Also if you live in an old cottage like me its the paper that's keeping the plaster in place !!

Update Thursday, the cupboards all 6 of them are on the wall,the ceiling is papered and will be painted tomorrow,then hopefully over the weekend the worktops will be fitted,later today I will get some of the network back up,we also got some of the power made into double sockets,not sure if it will all be done before we head to Yorkshire on Monday,just a short break before we tackle replacing all the central heating pipework,then carry on decorating,might be done by Christmas

Was a slow day with the work today,I had to make a trip to Toolstation in Lincoln for supplies,if you have never used this company I will say they are much better and cheaper than Screwfix who are now owned by B&Q,plus if you do not fancy a drive out you can order online and get free next day delivery if you spend more than £10.

With my few days away coming up the room will not be finished for another week,we are looking forward to having a few days break

Back