I need your help Winos

Sorry :( I suppose that makes sense not adulterating fine whisky with any mixers. I must be very unsophisticated, if someone got me finest brandy I'd probably end up having it with Tango or something:p

I have two friends from my work days who eventually married and now live in a remote part of Cumbria . The guy has collected expensive whiskey for years costing hundreds of pounds . He was away on business and for his Wife "Thursday night is Bacardi night" . Well she had only run out of it when she was going to have her usual tipple , its miles to the shops so Thursday night turned into Malt Whiskey and Coke night . She did in half a bottle of his best scotch which had cost him over £300 :oops: .

I have two friends from my work days who eventually married and now live in a remote part of Cumbria . The guy has collected expensive whiskey for years costing hundreds of pounds . He was away on business and for his Wife "Thursday night is Bacardi night" . Well she had only run out of it when she was going to have her usual tipple , its miles to the shops so Thursday night turned into Malt Whiskey and Coke night . She did in half a bottle of his best scotch which had cost him over £300 :oops: .
I know you're a fan of a broad range of comedies CC, but did you ever watch Black Books? As there was an episode your story reminded me of where they house sit and are told to keep away from the expensive vintage wine in the cellar but inadvertently end up drinking it all

I know you're a fan of a broad range of comedies CC, but did you ever watch Black Books? As there was an episode your story reminded me of where they house sit and are told to keep away from the expensive vintage wine in the cellar but inadvertently end up drinking it all
I loved Black Books, well the first two series anyway and that's probably the best episode of all.

I think you just committed sacrilege, Barry. A good whiskey should always be drank straight or on the rocks in my opinion..
I remember asking my absolutely wonderful uncle Jim (RIP) what do you have with single malt...? He look at me like I said "I'm going to massacre your family!" hahaha. He put me straight, I had one and yes it's straight or on the rocks.

Huge fan brilliant comedy remember that episode when they stuff plants from the garden into the mix to try and recreate the expensive wine they supped. My favourite episode was the one where Fran is trying to learn Piano and Manny is amazed when he is able to play [ Clearly staged with master musician Bill Bailey a shoe in for the script] . I went to see Dylan Moran doing his stand up show a few years ago he was brilliant maybe as expected he had a huge glass of wine on his stage table.

Sorry :( I suppose that makes sense not adulterating fine whisky with any mixers. I must be very unsophisticated, if someone got me finest brandy I'd probably end up having it with Tango or something:p
:):)

By the way Barry, I see you're an Admin now, congratulations! :18:

Last edited:
From memory I think he was in A Clockwork Orange if you've ever seen that film
Yes, that is a classic movie been some years since I have seen it. I know of the actor John Savident after looking up Sam Elliott. Remember seeing him in Lovejoy, Yes Minister, Black Adder, Battle of Britain. I can picture him more readily in Yes, Minister at the moment.

Back