Hurrah It Has the Pilot Episode

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I have had confirmation the new box set which is currently £55 on Amazon does contain the Pilot episode, sadly though there is no index on the box or Disc's to what the contents are, so you have to load the disc's to see what episodes are on it

I would certainly imagine the discs have the exact same content as the previous ones - in other words just re-packaging, instead of putting the episodes in their order.

I would ASSUME the first three episodes will remained topped and tailed, without their opening and closing credits - something which was originally done for BBC Video way back in 1984.

Anyone know if the first three episodes ever did get re-recorded on DVD in their entirety?

I would certainly imagine the discs have the exact same content as the previous ones - in other words just re-packaging, instead of putting the episodes in their order.

I would ASSUME the first three episodes will remained topped and tailed, without their opening and closing credits - something which was originally done for BBC Video way back in 1984.

Anyone know if the first three episodes ever did get re-recorded on DVD in their entirety?

I Think you have hit the nail on the head there wstol, I would like to see a Blue Ray version released

I'm glad I persevered and managed to collect the entire set of DVDs. I already had the entire collection of shows and I'd home-burned from various sources, and binned them one by one as the commercial discs became available.
Shame they got the titles on the box index in the wrong order twice over, but at least we got the entire lot, so it's a minor niggle.
The shows are currently still available on iPlayer, but heavily edited. The other night I watched the episode where the trio trudge along the track to discover their "holiday cottage" was a mouldy old caravan...... the scene at the station
where Foggy's suitcases and fishing rods come flying out of the waiting room was totally missing.

I'm glad I persevered and managed to collect the entire set of DVDs. I already had the entire collection of shows and I'd home-burned from various sources, and binned them one by one as the commercial discs became available.
Shame they got the titles on the box index in the wrong order twice over, but at least we got the entire lot, so it's a minor niggle.
The shows are currently still available on iPlayer, but heavily edited. The other night I watched the episode where the trio trudge along the track to discover their "holiday cottage" was a mouldy old caravan...... the scene at the station
where Foggy's suitcases and fishing rods come flying out of the waiting room was totally missing.

Oh that is badly edited

They cut some seconds out of every episode on that iPlayer........ It seems to be to allow a sequence of pointless graphics and the BBC logo to be added at the beginning. That particular episode is the one I've mentioned before, with the anomalous bus destination board saying "Slapton Sands" - which is a couple of hundred miles away in Devon.

Back