How old is Jane Freeman who plays Ivy?

M

Mahoney

Never found out on websites. She has to be filmed indoors like Truly and Clegg. So she must be fairly senior. For some odd reason I thought she was younger then Kathy Staff, but older then Pearl.

wel going on just LOTSW thats been filming for 37 years and at the start she looked about 35/40 so she is probably around 75ish now, shes filming the indoor scenes cause she needs a stick 2 walk nowadays

Checked. John Comer was born 1924. I find it hard to believe Jane Freeman would be signifcantly different.

Her father Martin Evans, a famous solicitor in Merthyr Tydfil was born in 1909, so I would imagine she was born circa 1927 (est 86 years old). When I get chance I will go to the local library, who will know when Jane started at Vaynor and Penderyn School. That will give us some idea.

Her father Martin Evans, a famous solicitor in Merthyr Tydfil was born in 1909, so I would imagine she was born circa 1927 (est 86 years old). When I get chance I will go to the local library, who will know when Jane started at Vaynor and Penderyn School. That will give us some idea.

If her father was born 1909 that would make him 18 at time of birth if 1927. Seems a little young to me, but perhaps marrying younger was the norm then - I was not around then.

If you had said born in 1930s I would have thought that more likely thus in her 70s. However I await the research into library records which hopefully will be more conclusive.

In the old days people married very young even as young as 16. So this wouldn't surprise me. i think that is why they had many children in those days.

Back