Holmfirth.

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone remember if Holmfirth ever got a mention in the series? Places like Upperthong, Heckmondwike, Cleckheaton, Huddersfield etc were often mentioned but I cant say that Holmfirth ever was. Strange if this was the case, I cant think why this would be. Thoughts anyone?

Off hand John All I can think of are in the shows where they read the Holmfirth paper. No direct mention of Holmfirth springs to mind? :-\

Can anyone remember if Holmfirth ever got a mention in the series? Places like Upperthong, Heckmondwike, Cleckheaton, Huddersfield etc were often mentioned but I cant say that Holmfirth ever was. Strange if this was the case, I cant think why this would be. Thoughts anyone?

I cannot recall a mention of the Town either

Not sure if it was BBC policy not to name the area. When they published a book about the three (written by Paul Ableman) they refer to the town as Stonefirth despite it obviously being Holmfirth.

Many, many, years ago, Bill Owen appeared on a Saturday morning show called 'The Multi Coloured Swap Shop'. He was a guest of Noel Edmunds. He was wearing a sweater with Holmfirth written across it. That was the first time that I had ever heard of the town.

Back