Here's a random question

Exercise bicycles make great clothes horses!
My exercise bicycle sat for many months unused (sans clothing). One day I decided to use it and I found out that cats can look astonished. Yes, the cats, both of them, had a look of astonishment on their little faces as they saw this static piece of equipment suddenly come to life!!

I have to say I've also got an exercise bike I rarely use, probably as home cycling is really really boring. I have contemplated getting one of those Zwift things to make the chore that little more interactive and enjoyable.

My exercise bike had a book rack, which helped with the boredom. My treadmill has a book rack, as well, and it's in front of the TV. There's always a supply of recordings on my TiVo that I haven't watched, just in case I don't have a book on the go.

Last edited:
Mine exercise bike had a book rack, which helped with the boredom. My treadmill has a book rack, as well, and it's in front of the TV. There's always a supply of recordings on my TiVo that I haven't watched, just in case I don't have a book on the go.
Have you tried virtual walks with your treadmill Marianna, I use them with mine and there are loads on youtube around much of the UK, I think there's a few around Holmfirth too!

I have never owned a car. How on earth do I manage, I hear you wonder. I have always lived in cities with good transport connections. other items never owned: a dog, a dishwasher, and most kitchen gadgets.

Mine exercise bike had a book rack, which helped with the boredom. My treadmill has a book rack, as well, and it's in front of the TV. There's always a supply of recordings on my TiVo that I haven't watched, just in case I don't have a book on the go.
Now that's activity that should inspire all :37:

Have you tried virtual walks with your treadmill Marianna, I use them with mine and there are loads on youtube around much of the UK, I think there's a few around Holmfirth too!
I haven't used the treadmill in a few years, but hope to get back to it. For the last three years, I've needed the support of a walker to avoid falling. First a couple of right hip muscles tore away from the bone, and had to be surgically reattached. Two years post-op, I was still rehabbing from that when a kidney failed due to an infection with no specific symptoms, and I developed sepsis. Now I'm very sleepy all the time - typical of post-sepsis. That can last several years. Then, while I was in residential rehab, some calcifications developed on the edge of the left greater trochanter, leaving my left leg nearly useless. An orthopedic surgeon gave me a steroid injection into the area directly over the calcifications, and the pain is gradually reducing.

And that's life in the late 70s!

I haven't used the treadmill in a few years, but hope to get back to it. For the last three years, I've needed the support of a walker to avoid falling. First a couple of right hip muscles tore away from the bone, and had to be surgically reattached. Two years post-op, I was still rehabbing from that when a kidney failed due to an infection with no specific symptoms, and I developed sepsis. Now I'm very sleepy all the time - typical of post-sepsis. That can last several years. Then, while I was in residential rehab, some calcifications developed on the edge of the left greater trochanter, leaving my left leg nearly useless. An orthopedic surgeon gave me a steroid injection into the area directly over the calcifications, and the pain is gradually reducing.

And that's life in the late 70s!
I wanna swear but my late mother will be watching Marianna. Sometimes the lottery of life annoys me. Take care fellow Balmcake. Mega hugs lass ;)

Back