Hello from over the Pennines.

LancsLia

Hi everyone, I've just joined the forum, I've been a long time fan of LOTSW since a child, and have great memories of the nice 'warm' feeling watching an episode gave me in years gone by.

I'm from Lancashire, but don't hold that against me as my grandad was from Yorkshire and proud of it ;D

Interesting to see all the American fans on here, my husband is American and he has never 'got' Summer Wine, he has fell in love with the Holmfirth area though, and we make regular trips there for the lovely scenery and local pubs.

Hello from across the pond! My mom introduced me to LOTSW and I did have trouble understanding but instantly fell in love with the show. Maybe your husband will convert soon! 8) ::)
Beth

Yes you are still very welcome here despite being from Lancs ;), in fact some of the cast were from Lancs, in fact we ought to knock up a list of those in the show who were true Yorkshire,not that many I would Guess

Yes you are still very welcome here despite being from Lancs ;), in fact some of the cast were from Lancs, in fact we ought to knock up a list of those in the show who were true Yorkshire,not that many I would Guess

Reminds me of a Corries concert - early on Roy Williamson asks if there are any English in the audience. In response to positive reply his words are, 'You're very welcome ......... in spite of everything'.

For the uninitiated - the Corries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Corries

Top of the list must be Roy Clarke. Next that comes to mind is Keith Clifford. Then there is Jean Fergusson and Barbara Young.

When you go through the list of the leading members of the cast it is staggering just how many came from Lancashire or its posh, west of the Pennines neighbour, Cheshire.

Welcome to the forum LancsLia !!!!! Florida here, Love the show. Tell the hubby to get with it!!! :D . Only joking of course. I love the countryside as well, it reminds me of where I grew up in Pennsylvania. Look forward to your input.

Back