Have you Noticed the Clocks

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I know this does not apply just to losw,but in the show clocks can be seen in various homes,Cleggy has one on the mantelpiece,I have spotted in some episodes that is supposed to be first thing in the morning yet the clock is around 2, which could be am or pm, in the case of Cleggy I cannot image he would not have his clock running and the right time,so is this just a oversight by the scene setters

I know this does not apply just to losw,but in the show clocks can be seen in various homes,Cleggy has one on the mantelpiece,I have spotted in some episodes that is supposed to be first thing in the morning yet the clock is around 2, which could be am or pm, in the case of Cleggy I cannot image he would not have his clock running and the right time,so is this just a oversight by the scene setters

Does this constitute an anachronism? ::) :D

Does this constitute an anachronism? ::) :D

It may well do

;D Or is it like on the antique shows, the way to show off a clock is to set the hands at 10 to 2 ;) ;D A la one of Sids remarks "I ask this as a purely rhetorical question". :p

Not defending anyone but let me just say that clocks are in homes for many reasons. I am a clock collector I guess. I have one in every room. 99% of them chime etc. I am lost without them. But I don't always have the time to wind them and sometimes neglect to do it. But the main thing is that the clock is there. My father in law hated clocks. He use to say that clocks tell you that you time is running out. LOL.

Cleggy's clock could be at a wrong time but maybe it doesn't work and he owns it for sentimental reasons or just had no time to wind it.

I must admit that I have a clock on the wall that requires a battery. The battery ran out some time ago and I have yet to install a new one.

Back