Happy 96th Birthday Cleggy

I hope Peter remains in reasonable health and has an enjoyable celebration with those closest to him . Looking back on his career ,according to IMDB, his first ever TV appearance seems to have been Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream in 1947 at time just post war when many people would not have a TV to see it.

Online references show Peter Sallis OBE, and there's a photo floating around of the queen bestowing the honor about 10 years ago.

Wikipedia goes on that died on Feb 1st 2016, with a sick remark about that being his birthday present.

This clearly needs putting right.

Unbelievable.

My apologies for failing to capitalize "Queen" in my original post. I didn't proofread the post and when I noticed it later I found that there's no edit facility in this thread.

Yes, I wanted to edit my posts on this thread, missing question mark, and a missing word.

I agree totally about peter should have been Knighted as should Roy Clarke for services to Television. Wonder how he celebrated his big day.

I hope he had as nice a time as he eventually did in the episode of his 'secret birthday'. Drinks with friends and a big hug from Marina! What more could a bloke ask for? :18:

If he does not have some type of honors for his acting then he should have.

I hope he had as nice a time as he eventually did in the episode of his 'secret birthday'. Drinks with friends and a big hug from Marina! What more could a bloke ask for?

It would do for me .... unless some one in motor cycle leathers could offer the same .....

Back