Greetings & Salutations, this time from OZ!

Brian Johns

Dedicated Member
Hi all.

Got back to OZ last Sunday night, then basically slept for 2 days!:08:
Been sorting out all the stuff that has happened here since I was away and have almost caught up now.

Thanks again to everyone over there! I have been going through all the photos etc I took while in LOTSW land..stand by to receive.;)
I have had to reduce their size quite a bit or it would overload the server storage capacity but I hope they are not too bad.

Brian

Holmfirth157.jpg

A different view of the park where the livecam is (it is in the window of the shop you see). I didn't realize it until I was actually there but the stone "wall" you see, as well as a lot of the flagstones you walk on are actually old headstones and grave markers!
BTW the guy you see in the white t-shirt on the right of the pic is painting the railings!

Holmfirth371.jpg

I have always wondered what the church opposite Sid's looked like inside. Now I know. For orientation reference Sid's place is off to the right of the photo. The entrance you see on Beattie cam is behind where the photo was taken, also to the right.
The books they sell there are laid out on the pews to the right of the shot.

TANK.jpg

MALTRAB... Here is the tank!!!:33: It got moved AFTER this Google Earth shot was taken and the more recent version doesn't have it but I just wanted to show I wasn't full of U-No-Wat when I tried to show it to you.
For anyone else, it IS LOTSW related, this shot is about 100 yards down the side road from the top of the hill where the policemen went rollerskating. Howard & Marina also hid in a workman's "cubby house" there and Morton was seen wheeling his tractor tyre there too!

I took quite a lot more shots but most of them are the familiar ones of Sid's place, Nora's etc. As they are pretty much on EVERYONE's photo list I won't post them here.
I posted this on another thread but it deserves it's own place here.

The two boys, together forever..Compo & Clegg!

IMG_0648.jpg

Great photographs Brian thank you so much for sharing them .I do hope you enjoyed your time here not only the Summer Wine Country but also "going home to Scotland" .

Back