Greetings and Salutations from ENGLAND!!

Since my wife's passing I have noticed several of these simple crosses in our local cemetery . They seem to stay for a few weeks until the plot settles. It may also be due to local bye-laws. However this does not stop families adding their own pots and solar lights. Our cemetery has been likened to "Fairyland " at dusk.

PS Is there any significance to the playing card ?:confused:

We're puzzled by that too. I looks fresh, it's not been out in the weather for very long and I haven't noticed it on other pictures I've seen.

Thanks for that Pearl, looks like they have removed all the dead flowers from the gravesite. I must say that I am still totally Underwhelmed by the site though.

I am currently in a hotel near Heathrow, as I fly out tomorrow. I must say that despite enjoying myself here (Roads, roundabouts and drivers excepted) I will be very glad to get home! :01:

I managed to get to most of the places I wanted to, including John O'Groats and Dunrobin Castle as well as several other places, including of course LOTSW country.

Thanks to Terry and his Brother in Law for the guided tour!

I must say that (apart from when driving...Terry you are excluded from that comment;)) I have found the people I have met to be friendly and helpful (I expected no less!)

Thanks to everyone here who has helped and given useful advice to me. I may not have used every suggestion but I am grateful for the effort!

Once I get home and can get onto my own computer I will be able to post some pics of my trip. They are all too large for posting at the moment (EG. the "raw" picture from my good camera is in excess of 20MB!) I don't have any photo software on my laptop to reduce the size so I will have to wait until I get home and can get onto Photoshop.

Bye Bye Britain.....my next post will be from back in OZ:18:

I also look forward to the pictures Brian, glad you had a good time while you were here and it was our pleasure to show you around, you will have a lot to talk about when you get back, and don't mention the tank

Back