Greenfingered???

No time to waste Dick get on the phone to Julian, George and Anne, give Timmy a whistle and get the gang solving this mystery. :)

You sent me off on a quest for information (again). I had to run a search on the names to understand the reference. The Famous Five series wasn't nearly as well-known here in the States as in the UK, but my local public library had Five Go Adventuring Again and I read it when I was a child. I recall enjoying it very much, looking for more in the series, and finding the the library didn't own any more of them. About half of the series was published after I had stopped reading kiddie lit and had moved up to the young adult department, so I would have missed those books anyway.

You sent me off on a quest for information (again). I had to run a search on the names to understand the reference. The Famous Five series wasn't nearly as well-known here in the States as in the UK, but my local public library had Five Go Adventuring Again and I read it when I was a child. I recall enjoying it very much, looking for more in the series, and finding the the library didn't own any more of them. About half of the series was published after I had stopped reading kiddie lit and had moved up to the young adult department, so I would have missed those books anyway.

Apologies I should have perhaps explained the reference for the members in the US/AUS but I wanted to try and amuse the UK members who would be more familiar with the Famous Five.

Greenfingered

Any news on the carrot or are the police still in a stew about its whereabouts . I hear a Mr B Bunny was taken in for questioning but was released , there's definitely a rabbit off here ! :30:

Pearl/Dick,

Do you recall reading a Famous Five book for the first time ? Probably one of the first "can't put down" books I ever read , alongside of course the Secret Seven , seems such a long long time ago.:(

I read the Secret Seven but my first " Unable to put down book" was the Malory Towers series by Enid. Set in a boarding school, I learned to read by reading those, I was 15 at the time and had left school a year early and unable to read but a friend lent me the first book and I loved it. She was a great writer, she became controversial but I still loved the books, they opened a whole new world for me and I'll never forget that.

When I was about 10 a friend used to read the Secret Seven to me then we'd act it out in her dad's shed. :D

Greenfingered

I read the Secret Seven but my first " Unable to put down book" was the Malory Towers series by Enid. Set in a boarding school, I learned to read by reading those, I was 15 at the time and had left school a year early and unable to read but a friend lent me the first book and I loved it. She was a great writer, she became controversial but I still loved the books, they opened a whole new world for me and I'll never forget that.

When I was about 10 a friend used to read the Secret Seven to me then we'd act it out in her dad's shed. :D

:smile: Poignant and admirable!

Back