Great Steam Engine in action photograph

Thank you Dick and Big Unc and Yorkshire Pudding! Dick you did not muddle it at all. Skittles is the word not used here. Yes Yorkshire I know bowling. It is probably close to what we call a pin split except thereis only 2 pins. (Skittles) and with that I understand the phrase. Thanks for your help!
:) :) :)

It is all intriguing in many ways. Ten pin bowling is nothing like bowling. Bowling is a game where the aim is to get a bowl as close to a target as possible - even touching. It is not a game where things are knocked down. You cannot knock down a ball, (like the jack) or another ball. Knocking things down, particularly pins or skittles is skittles.

Thank you Dick and Big Unc and Yorkshire Pudding! Dick you did not muddle it at all. Skittles is the word not used here. Yes Yorkshire I know bowling. It is probably close to what we call a pin split except thereis only 2 pins. (Skittles) and with that I understand the phrase. Thanks for your help!
:) :) :)

It is all intriguing in many ways. Ten pin bowling is nothing like bowling. Bowling is a game where the aim is to get a bowl as close to a target as possible - even touching. It is not a game where things are knocked down. You cannot knock down a ball, (like the jack) or another ball. Knocking things down, particularly pins or skittles is skittles.
The English language can be odd at times Big Unc, my sister in law and her husband play bowls but they always say they are going bowling :-\ They say the other bowling (10 pin) is not as interesting ??? I suppose its a "to each his own " ,what you call it. :)

Back