Great documentaries

James26

Dedicated Member
I watched a great documentary on youtube last night about Vietnam veterans. It focused on the conditions in which they served and the treatment which they received when they returned home. It is called 'Operation: babykiller'. I found it very entertaining and shocking at the same time, to see how these once young men coped during the war but more so after. Its well worth a watch for those who enjoy history docs and also good stories.

Anyone seen anything good on the documentary front lately?

Fire in Babylon. About the rise of the West Indies Cricket team from 1976 and the social, political and historical context it was in. It was the best 90 minutes Ive spent in ages.
I guess you would need to be a Cricket lover to reallt enjoy it though.

seen it Chuffer, it is great. Possibly the greatest ever team in any sport, lead by the great Clive Lloyd.

seen it Chuffer, it is great. Possibly the greatest ever team in any sport, lead by the great Clive Lloyd.

Well said that man. Glad you enjoyed it mate, it was a thoroughly compelling documentary.

James, not sure whether this Cryptozoology type fare is your thing really, but there are plenty of episodes from Monsterquest on youtube, quite a few are very watchable, same with Mysteryquest.
Here is one link to kick you off, there are lots of links down the side, it may or may not be your thing mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CeHwgMtvXQ

I'll check them out, i quite enjoyed river monsters etc.....

I think all the series of Monsterquest have been uploaded mate, should keep you happy for a bit. I like this sort of thing.

Back