Grandma Batty's Traditional Yorkshire Pudding

J

John

In Howard Throws A Wobbler, we see a sign outside the pub containing the above words.

pdvd_010.jpg

Imagine Nora having a grandmother that still lived - Double the brushes!!

Either she was a real woman or it is a mock up to get SW Buffs attention

Traditional Yorkshire Pudding. Hm. I have a tea cloth with a 'Yorkshire pudding' recipe. I says that this was just an English batter pudding until a Yorkshire woman called Hannah Glasse, hijacked it for her cookery book in the 1700s. I watched a cookery program once with two Yorkshire chefs competing to make the best YP. They used different recipes!!! My mother used to make a great one using self raising flour, something that is supposed to be impossible. It worked for her. She by the way was a Geordie.

Try Google John. There is a place in York that has Grandma Battys painted in large letters on the frontage and 3 or 4 of the yellow signs on or around the building. :)
.Seems to be near the centre of the city.

Hannah Glasse was a brilliant business woman for part of her life. Sadly her riches went to her head and she ended up broke. But she wrote a great cookery book which brought good recipes and sensible food to many people.

In what? Am I missing something?

no, ye wee laddie, ye best be reading t'topic title for ref'rence ye noo laddie.

Try Google John. There is a place in York that has Grandma Battys painted in large letters on the frontage and 3 or 4 of the yellow signs on or around the building. :)
.Seems to be near the centre of the city.

4503315659_f2523ea141_z.jpg
here it is

if you were further up the country, ye'd talk like that ye wood laddie

inverness, fort william. get yeself a kit, look up the scots talk, make haggises.

Then you could be scots unc

inverness, fort william. get yeself a kit, look up the scots talk, make haggises.

It is no wonder some Scots want independence when one gets such drivel, unmitigated ignorance and sheer insults as to how they speak English from south of the border.

Don't know what drivel you are talking, Unc, but it makes no sense to me.

if you were further up the country, ye'd talk like that ye wood laddie

Would that be in Brisbane?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It is no wonder some Scots want independence when one gets such drivel, unmitigated ignorance and sheer insults as to how they speak English from south of the border.

I'd for independence if I had to put up with that, someones getting a wee bit cheeky!

someones mentioned naughty words susan...

and i understand that unc! thats what i mean! i love scots talk. ;D

Back