Good Life

bigcat

Has anyone tried Good Life? It is a series where Richard Briers and Felicity Kendal play a couple who try to become self-sufficient in their backyard in the suburbs.

There is a good storyline as they struggle along trying to mostly make it without money as they raise a garden, chickens, and a goat and such. It feels like some of the conversations are that fairly natural humor that we enjoy in Last of the Summer Wine. Also Felicity is adorable which I must admit to noticing!

Great show! Watched it when it first came out and have seen repeats many times! Lots of good scenes and gags without being overly outrageous!
You will notice in one episode when a tradesman comes to the house he is asked if he wanted a phone that went with him everywhere (LOOOOOOONNNG before mobile phones were a thing..i.e normal life :fp:! ) His reply is priceless and something almost everybody in those days could relate to.
Current generation will be horrified!!! LOL **^^<:

That's about right. He and his wife were trying to farm in suburbia and always getting quite messy in the attempt and especially the neighbor's wife got annoyed though they were friends.

Try watching Rosemary & Thyme, which was a detective type programme Felicity did with Pam Ferris about 15 years ago. I only recently discovered these sorts of murder mystery have a genre of their own called Cosy Mysteries, basically someone gets murdered every week but you never see any gore and it’s all done in the best possible taste :D

Has anyone tried Good Life? It is a series where Richard Briers and Felicity Kendal play a couple who try to become self-sufficient in their backyard in the suburbs.

There is a good storyline as they struggle along trying to mostly make it without money as they raise a garden, chickens, and a goat and such. It feels like some of the conversations are that fairly natural humor that we enjoy in Last of the Summer Wine. Also Felicity is adorable which I must admit to noticing!
Yes. I'd wager many people have watched it and are fans on this forum.

Try watching Rosemary & Thyme, which was a detective type programme Felicity did with Pam Ferris about 15 years ago. I only recently discovered these sorts of murder mystery have a genre of their own called Cosy Mysteries, basically someone gets murdered every week but you never see any gore and it’s all done in the best possible taste :D
What was that Angela Lansbury series in USA.... Murder She Wrote or something?
Every week she came to visit, and a rello was murdered or accused of murder..
If she called and said she was coming to visit, you'd jump on the space shuttle take ya chances there.

What was that Angela Lansbury series in USA.... Murder She Wrote or something?
Every week she came to visit, and a rello was murdered or accused of murder..
If she called and said she was coming to visit, you'd jump on the space shuttle take ya chances there.

Its like Bonanza when Little Joe got together with a girl you just know she'd die in the episode at some point.

Back