Going to Florida!

Marina'sTwin

Dedicated Member
Ok, everybody, I thought I'd just let ya'll know I won't be around for the next 3 days because I'll be on vacation in Florida. I'm not exactly sure what we're gonna do there, but it means a lot to my dad for us to go on a family trip together, so we'll be leaving at 5am tomorrow morning to go to Florida. To be honest, I'm not extremely excited about spending so much time with my family since we spend so much time together already, but it's what my dad wants and he's convinced he's not going to be around for much longer, so I'm gonna try to act happy about it. Anyway, I guess I'll be back online Tuesday.

Ok, everybody, I thought I'd just let ya'll know I won't be around for the next 3 days because I'll be on vacation in Florida. I'm not exactly sure what we're gonna do there, but it means a lot to my dad for us to go on a family trip together, so we'll be leaving at 5am tomorrow morning to go to Florida. To be honest, I'm not extremely excited about spending so much time with my family since we spend so much time together already, but it's what my dad wants and he's convinced he's not going to be around for much longer, so I'm gonna try to act happy about it. Anyway, I guess I'll be back online Tuesday.

Bet you have a great time,how you getting there and how long will it take,you need to brings us all back a stick of rock :35::35::35:

Bet you have a great time,how you getting there and how long will it take,you need to brings us all back a stick of rock :35::35::35:

She'll be Googling stick of rock :D

Have a good time, its always good to be with family. You'll appreciate it more when you're old like us!

LOL We're driving, which is why we're leaving at 5am. If I remember correctly (I think I was 14 last time we went there) it's a 6 hour drive from where we live. And I'm sure I won't hate it. I know my sister and I are going to end up fighting and our parents are going to annoy us to death, but I think we'll have an ok time.

Many years down the road you'll look back at that trip to Florida with great fondness. I hope that you had a good time. Try to look on the bright side. I hope that you and your parents sat on the beach, took a dip in the ocean, and enjoyed the boardwalk.

Many years down the road you'll look back at that trip to Florida with great fondness. I hope that you had a good time. Try to look on the bright side. I hope that you and your parents sat on the beach, took a dip in the ocean, and enjoyed the boardwalk.

I hope so. I don't want us to be fighting and stuff, but every family trip we've been on we've been at each other's throats within the first hour. But we're all a lot calmer now, so maybe things will be different this time. :)

My problem right now is getting up early in the morning. I don't usually go to bed until close to 5am and then I get up at 9am (I have no idea why, ok, it just happens), so I think I'm gonna have to swallow a few sleeping pills sometime before 10 tonight and try to get to bed early.

Holly, where at in FLA you going? I am suppose to be going to Panama City Beach in a few weeks, depending on friends surgery. Daytona was always a favorite spot when my kids were young. We would stay in Ormond Beach(north of daytona few miles), away from the Boardwalk. We would always take a night to head to the Boardwalk and people watch, drunk watch! LOL. Enjoy the sun, and beach. Yes as mentioned above you will cherish memories.:)

Posting from the hotel room! We're in St Augustine and it's beautiful here! I'm actually having a great time, but I'll tell everyone about it when I get back! We've decided to stay an extra night, so we'll be getting back Thursday! :) Also, my sister and I decided to annoy mom and dad on the car ride and we made a list of everything we did. I typed it up, so I'll copy and paste it here to give ya'll something to laugh at! LOL

Ways to Annoy Your Parents on a Road Trip

1. Set a timer on your phone to go off every 10 minutes. When it goes off, take turns asking "Are we there yet?"

2. Yell "I have to pee" at random times.

3. Pretend you're going to be sick. Right before your parents pull over, say "Just kidding".

4. Yell "I'm hungry." 20 minutes after eating every time you eat.

5. When your parents say "Time to eat.", say "I'm not hungry anymore."

6. Wait until your dad rolls up his window after smoking a cigarette, then light one up and roll down your window. Continue to do this until mom screams "Why can't you two just smoke at the same time!"

7. Convince your dad that there's a dead rat in the cooler.

8. When things are quiet, make a weird noise such as "Merp" or "Meep".

9. Poke them as often as possible.

10. Punch the back of their seats when you're bored.

11. Every time a motorcycle rides by, say "Ew, somebody farted!"

12. Belch as loudly and as often as possible.

13. Give sarcastic answers to every question your parents ask you.

14. Tell "Yo mama" jokes.

Hopefully it's easy to read. LOL

Some of those remind me of my sister and I!!!!!!! LOL, Potty breaks, kicking the seat, ARE WE THERE YET!!!!

Ah, childhood memories. Glad you are having a great time in ST. Augustine!

We had a safe trip back, but now I'm very tired! LOL :yawn: I'll post some pictures I took when I'm awake and alive enough to figure out how to do that. Night everybody! :16:

We had a safe trip back, but now I'm very tired! LOL :yawn: I'll post some pictures I took when I'm awake and alive enough to figure out how to do that. Night everybody! :16:

Glad you all returned safe,thought I suspect your folks are now bordering on the insane,but they will recover,we look forward to seeing the pictures,Terry

Glad you all returned safe,thought I suspect your folks are now bordering on the insane,but they will recover,we look forward to seeing the pictures,Terry

LOL And you would be right! LOL But I'm gonna make it up to my mom tonight. It's her birthday and my cousin and I have a firework show planned for her. I already made it up to my dad by helping him fix my sister's car this morning. As far as the pictures go, I think they're too big to upload, so I may have to post them to facebook and link them here. Unless my cousin feels up to showing me how to make the file sizes smaller. We'll figure it out! LOL ;D

LOL And you would be right! LOL But I'm gonna make it up to my mom tonight. It's her birthday and my cousin and I have a firework show planned for her. I already made it up to my dad by helping him fix my sister's car this morning. As far as the pictures go, I think they're too big to upload, so I may have to post them to facebook and link them here. Unless my cousin feels up to showing me how to make the file sizes smaller. We'll figure it out! LOL ;D

Try and get them smaller - some of us are not on facebook!!!

Last edited:
Back