Fun with Google Earth...

More from "The Man Who Invented Yorkshire Funny Stuff"... I'm 90% convinced this is the location, but I had to go back to a 2003 satellite view.

funny6.jpg

funny5.jpg

funny7.jpg

The white arrow is pointing to where I think the former Minnie Fossett's residence was, and I have three lines where I think the trio were standing before going to her house.

This is a side street between Kirk Bridge Lane and Holmfirth Road (A635) in New Mill.

Time for some legitimate fun with Google Earth...

scarhole.jpg

Compo: "Ey up.. What is tha' great long prawn up to this time??"

Clegg: "He's saying.... Tanks for the memories."

*Compo swats Clegg with his hat*

Just to let you know I have added some new locations to the maps section including where they films a scene from "Getting Sam Home" with the chip van and Cleggy wondering if he could drive it,I must say thanks to Alan Bell for revealing where this was, his memory it still very good as he answered in a flash when I asked him

This is really great. I have spent many an evening trawling through episodes and 'Summer-Pinning' filming locations (with a lot of help from your map).
I'll see a spot frequently used or particularly beautiful and then try to pinpoint where it is.
My google maps page is currently a solid mass of yellow in and around Holmfirth ;D

One spot that has been totally defeated though is where Billy shoots down Barry's remote controlled plane in the episode "A White Sweater and a Solicitor's Letter" They have used that spot many times over the last few series but try as I might I simply can't pinpoint it :(
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is really great. I have spent many an evening trawling through episodes and 'Summer-Pinning' filming locations (with a lot of help from your map).
I'll see a spot frequently used or particularly beautiful and then try to pinpoint where it is.
My google maps page is currently a solid mass of yellow in and around Holmfirth ;D

One spot that has been totally defeated though is where Billy shoots down Barry's remote controlled plane in the episode "A White Sweater and a Solicitor's Letter" They have used that spot many times over the last few series but try as I might I simply can't pinpoint it :(
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am pretty sure that is Scar Hole Lane above Jackson Bridge,about half way along you see the rocks from the road,you can also see the path where they climbed up higher,Terry

I am pretty sure that is Scar Hole Lane above Jackson Bridge,about half way along you see the rocks from the road,you can also see the path where they climbed up higher,Terry
Spot on, followed road up and found the path they use on the left. Made my day thanks.

Is this the spot where Lenny is waiting to hear" The Voice"?? If it is it always brings me a smile because of the chaffinch(I think) that never stops whistling all through the scene.! ;D

Is this the spot where Lenny is waiting to hear" The Voice"?? If it is it always brings me a smile because of the chaffinch(I think) that never stops whistling all through the scene.! ;D

I think it is, I love it up there on a clear day you can see for miles,plus just below you is the White Bridge which is on private land,but you get a good view of it from here

I have another poser. Been trying to locate this bridge, which is used in many episodes, including "Ironing Day", Series 20 I think.
I have spent many hours trawling through Google Earth with a fine tooth comb to no avail.
Can anyone help please?

In one of the Summer Wine books, It might be the Vine book, there is a photo of a few prop men, or builders, constructing a bridge specifically for the episode they were filming. This looks like that bridge.

Yes it is. I was on holiday at Marsden and it was built while I was there and watched them filming using the bridge. I spoke to the security guard one evening and he told me that they could not find a suitable bridge anywhere around the area. Amazing really with all the rivers and streams around. The reason they had security was that people will nick anything that is not nailed down for a souvenir.It was used in several episodes the main one was when Mr Lucy fell off.
I had a very interesting conversation with Stephan Paczai that day as well.

From "The Mystical Squeak of Howard's Bicycle"...

squeak1.jpg

This is where Smiler and Tom were doing "housework". Holt Lane in Holmfirth. I thought this location was interesting in how it seems perched on a hill.
This episode was on yesterday. Wondered where this house was!

George.. You sir, are brilliant. Your assumption was correct! I decided to look up Leeds Road and check it out. With my guess, the only thing that remotely looked familiar or the same was the hill in the background, but that was it. No housing nearby that looked like what's in the scene or anything. The credit on this one goes to George!

humanity1.jpg

humanity2.jpg

The housing neighborhood is still there! This is facing Bradley Mills Road in Huddersfield.

humanity3.jpg

Leeds Road today... A shopping area.
In the background of the first photo, about where the telegraph pole is. It looks like the place where Foggy was telling a war story to a traffic warden. The warden asks him if it was his car he was giving a ticket to. When Foggy says no, the warden pulls the window wiper off the car. I forget the episode title, but it was one of Foggy's later ones.

In the background of the first photo, about where the telegraph pole is. It looks like the place where Foggy was telling a war story to a traffic warden. The warden asks him if it was his car he was giving a ticket to. When Foggy says no, the warden pulls the window wiper off the car. I forget the episode title, but it was one of Foggy's later ones.
Where Foggy was giving the traffic warden grief was in Marsden, Carrs Road

Back