From The Administrator

Hello ,My names Robin and I have just moved out in to the sticks in West Sussex a little Village called Amberley, .....

I even wrote to Mr Bell asking for an audition for LOTSW and he sent me a lovely letter back, and I may have got lucky and had an audition but will never know now because the pesky BBC have taken the show off the air.

I have all the DVD`s available and all books and audio tapes, it`s one of the finest programmes ever made, I just love everything about it, So sad that most of the actors have died ,people like Joe Gladwin (his performance in the Mysterious feet of Nora batty is one of my all time favourites) Thora Hird ,Danny O`dea, Kathy Staff , John Comer and Gordon Wharmby will never be forgotten all such important parts of the success of this superb show.
Anyway I have waffled on far too long, Hello to you all.

Hello there Robin.

I originally come from Sussex, but have lived in Yorkshire for more of my adult life than anywhere else. I am a mere 25 miles from Holmfirth in a town that is very much industrial West Riding - just like Holmfirth, Marsden and the other locations used in the programme with a more rural backdrop. It is at the top of the South Pennine area which is where Holmfirth is located.

Like you I have all the videos, books and DVDs least those known to myself! Every so often you hear of another book or item that you do not have.

Hope that you find some acting work and that your sitcom ideas eventually come to fruition.

Thanks Sir, I envy you living near Holmfirth, I still haven`t got round to spending a couple of days up there, and visiting the cafe etc, I will defiantly do it soon.

hello to all of you fellow winos,im peter from featherstone in west yorkshire, 35 mins drive away from holmfirth..ok 45 mins if i drive to the speed limits. Ive been a avid fan of the show since the very start.im 53 now working as a security guard,i used to be a coal miner here in west yorkshire i worked down the mine for 23 years untill i was made redundant..(d*m that thatcher). living so close to summer wine country i do get to visit very often and can often be found walking the moors above holmfirth on my days off,my partner also loves the show and we visit the local pubs quite often too.i also have all the dvd"s available and have almost every episode from the start on vhs tapes,although they are not all first rate quality...roll on further dvd releases. I hope to contribute further on the forum as i really enjoy reading all your posts and looking at the pics section...all the best for now.. :)

hello to all of you fellow winos,im peter from featherstone in west yorkshire, 35 mins drive away from holmfirth..ok 45 mins if i drive to the speed limits. Ive been a avid fan of the show since the very start.im 53 now working as a security guard,i used to be a coal miner here in west yorkshire i worked down the mine for 23 years untill i was made redundant..(d*m that thatcher). living so close to summer wine country i do get to visit very often and can often be found walking the moors above holmfirth on my days off,my partner also loves the show and we visit the local pubs quite often too.i also have all the dvd"s available and have almost every episode from the start on vhs tapes,although they are not all first rate quality...roll on further dvd releases. I hope to contribute further on the forum as i really enjoy reading all your posts and looking at the pics section...all the best for now.. :)

Welcome to the Wino club Peter always nice to have another fan aboard,Terry

Hello......My name is John and I live in Arkansas. I've been on here since June, but, apparently, have never introduced myself. Better late than never.

I'm originally from a small town in Illinois, about 50 miles from Chicago. I've been in the U.S. Air Force and worked for Delta Air Lines for 33+ years. I retired in 2005. I'm now 63 and my wife and I moved here, to Fort Smith, Arkansas on my retirement.

I've watched Summer Wine for years, from when we lived in Salt Lake City til now. Because of our location, we've been able to watch it on two different public TV stations, Arkansas and Oklahoma. Only recently have we been able to see some of the earliest episodes as well as some of the latest (except for the last series).

I believe that as we get older, we can appreciate the humor more and also can sympathize with their predicaments. In the latest episodes, I miss see much of Clegg and Truly, though.

Hi, I'm John, 16, and from the great North Yorkshire town of Scarborough. I study at the nearest 6th Form College. The place I live is a pretty and scenic village 4 miles from Scarborough. My hobbies are collecting model cars, watching sitcoms and listening to music, aswell as creating forums. I created my first website way back on 4 Jan 2011, and my first forum on 26 August 12, so basically I am a website builder aswell.

I first fell in love with LOTSW from watching it on Yesterday on the 10th of January 2012 with my dad, who I think has loved Summer Wine for a long time. He was flicking through the channels and stopped on Yesterday, and asked if I was OK with the channel, I nodded. From the moment I first saw the ladies circle I instantly fell in love with Summer Wine, and is now my all time favourite comedy.

My favourite trio is Compo, Foggy and Clegg, and on visiting Holmfirth for the first time on 20th June with my dad, and it brought memories of the show to me and I loved every moment. First call was Sid's Cafe, and of course, I had an enormous grin since I first set foot in Holmfirth. I got a few bits of memorabilia from the shop after having a bacon sandwich, it was all like a dream. After walking by the river, we descended on the steps leading to Compo's house.

First call was the exhibition, and, after being locked in Compo's house, it suddenly dawned on me I was in his former house! After seeing a lot of memorabilia from the show, me and dad sat by the TV and watched for ages.My dad laughed several times, and his laugh is awful, I thought people might have thought he was in pain!

After the exhibition and another few gifts (Plus a Summer Wine Foggy Mug), we climbed up the other steps and entered the 'Wrinkled Stocking Tea Rooms'. We sat and had a bacon sandwich each, and then I noticed the excellent artwork that had been done on the menu. Must have taken hours! Anyway before that we had a trip on the tour bus, and saw a lot of sights. After visiting the cafe we went back to the bus and went off back home.

Quite an adventure!

John ;D

My name is John,I am from the Rep. of Ireland living in the North west for the past 22 years. I am unmarried and live alone just like my favourite character Clegg with whom I share a lot of his philosophies.I too worked in Telecoms for many years and up to recently have also worked in aluminium fabrication.
While I fully appreciate there are a lot of northern stereotypes in summer wine that a lot of Yorkshire folk would not necessarily agree with or be happy about in Summer wine ,I do think that Irish people generally have a great affinity with the English and North of England folk in particular.
As I`ve already said Clegg would always have been my favourite character.There is one saying of his from the pilot I think, that for me sums up Summer wine and the old boys outlook on life.Towards the end of that episode that lads have parted and Clegg ,speaking to his (departed) wife says "I`ts a rum old world lass,but nevertheless I think I`ll go and get a bit of sausage for me tea".
That is Summer Wine in one sentence.

Hi Members

I thought it may be nice to have a section where members can introduce themselves and give other members a flavour of who,where and what us fans are, do not add anything to personal like your home address or phone number, but you can write as much or little as you like, I will start the ball rolling.

My first name is Terry and I live with my wife in West Yorkshire, out on the moors and not far from Haworth,we have lived here for 12 years after moving from the hustle & bustle of the south

I am a retired Telecom engineer and prior to that I worked in the Fire Service in Hertfordshire,we are both great fans of losw and I started watching it in the 70's as my father always had it on

I created this website and forum as a hobby about 18 month's ago, at the time the current losw websites had vanished or were not being updated,which was a shame as there are many of us fans out there that just want to chat with other fans, due to the show I have made many friends over the years

For several years I have been lucky enough to watch them filming, and I am always amazed how hard the cast and crew work to bring us this great show, often in bad weather,though it never really shows when we watch it, and the fact the cast many in their senior years work a 12-14 hour day.

Hobbies,other than the obvious,I enjoy photography,travel, IT & Computing plus the grandchildren

Just to keep things correct,I moved to a small Village about 8 miles north of Lincoln 2 years ago, it is a nice place to live though very flat compared to Yorkshire,the advantage is the car does another 10 mpg,and as there is nothing much going on in this part of the country the roads are quiet,I can drive to Holmfirth in 80 minutes but my car now wonders what those hills are all about.

We have a great doctors surgery where you do not need to get past the gestapo to see the doctor and can even make an appointment,some of the nearby market towns still have a range of smaller shops,a main east coast railway station is 15 minutes drive away, from which there are good services to the north or south,we are living on a gated retirement park,which has about 350 homes,yet often you would think you were the only person for miles and with everybody being in a similar age group we all rub along very well, there is a vast amount of retired skilled workers on the park, so it is easy to get help or advice with projects,when I first moved here I was surprised how many folk had moved here from Yorkshire.

Hi Members

I thought it may be nice to have a section where members can introduce themselves and give other members a flavour of who,where and what us fans are, do not add anything to personal like your home address or phone number, but you can write as much or little as you like, I will start the ball rolling.

My first name is Terry and I live with my wife in West Yorkshire, out on the moors and not far from Haworth,we have lived here for 12 years after moving from the hustle & bustle of the south

I am a retired Telecom engineer and prior to that I worked in the Fire Service in Hertfordshire,we are both great fans of losw and I started watching it in the 70's as my father always had it on

I created this website and forum as a hobby about 18 month's ago, at the time the current losw websites had vanished or were not being updated,which was a shame as there are many of us fans out there that just want to chat with other fans, due to the show I have made many friends over the years

For several years I have been lucky enough to watch them filming, and I am always amazed how hard the cast and crew work to bring us this great show, often in bad weather,though it never really shows when we watch it, and the fact the cast many in their senior years work a 12-14 hour day.

Hobbies,other than the obvious,I enjoy photography,travel, IT & Computing plus the grandchildren

Just to keep things correct,I moved to a small Village about 8 miles north of Lincoln 2 years ago, it is a nice place to live though very flat compared to Yorkshire,the advantage is the car does another 10 mpg,and as there is nothing much going on in this part of the country the roads are quiet,I can drive to Holmfirth in 80 minutes but my car now wonders what those hills are all about.

We have a great doctors surgery where you do not need to get past the gestapo to see the doctor and can even make an appointment,some of the nearby market towns still have a range of smaller shops,a main east coast railway station is 15 minutes drive away, from which there are good services to the north or south,we are living on a gated retirement park,which has about 350 homes,yet often you would think you were the only person for miles and with everybody being in a similar age group we all rub along very well, there is a vast amount of retired skilled workers on the park, so it is easy to get help or advice with projects,when I first moved here I was surprised how many folk had moved here from Yorkshire.

Hello there.My name is Jay but i am better known to the Fourm as Amos i live in a small town in west kent called Paddock Wood about six miles fro Royal Tunbridge Wells I have been a member of this great fourm for about nine months.I live at home with my Mother who is in remmision from Breast Cancer so having her family around is most important to her.

I enjoy travelling at home or abroad to places such as The Usa and around europe.I have been to Yorkshire every year for the last five years or so either as a holiday or watching the mighty Leeds Utd.The town where i live is a nice place to live it has plenty of shops lots of takeaways three pubs and just outside the town we have the hop farm country park which is very nice.I have my brother living close with his Australian partner and their two children and my beautiful girlfriend Emma lives close by as well.

We all enjoy Summerwine and we all have our own favourite episode.It is missed in our house and when theres nothing on the television a Dvd goes on in rotation currently we are on series on of first of the summer wine and last night watched an episode called the great outdoors.

Anyway must fly.See ya

We all enjoy Summerwine and we all have our own favourite episode.It is missed in our house and when theres nothing on the television a Dvd goes on in rotation currently we are on series on of first of the summer wine and last night watched an episode called the great outdoors.

Anyway must fly.See ya

So Amos, I am just curious, what is your favorite episode? How about the favorite epidoes of your family members? Just curious.

Anyway must fly.See ya

So Amos, I am just curious, what is your favorite episode? How about the favorite epidoes of your family members? Just curious.

Well Cod mine is when you take a good bite yorshire tastes terrible.My mums is Edie and the Automobile and Emmas is A bycycle made for three all three are great episodes.What is yours Cod

How do you go about getting a photo of a cast member posted next to your name when you do a posting? They have Nora Batty's face beside mi name, and altho' I like Nora and commiserate with her about the unwanted attention from Compo, I'd rather have Clegg's face next to mine. Or Sid's. Or Barry's.

Hi Glen, if you look at the tool bar at the top you'll find " User CP" go in there and look down the side to "Settings and options" and look for "Edit avatar" ( The first option I think) and you can change it from there. :)

Back