foggy's house

milburn

Hi everyone how many times roughly did we see foggy's house and did he live in the same one during the two stints he was in the show.
It just got me thinking after watching whoops at the end when they jump off the bus what a trek foggy had got to get to his house up in the hills.

According to the tour bus guy,(if I understood him right) Cleggy and Howard were about 4 miles from Compo and a similar distance from Foggy. :eek: Of course that was just the houses they filmed at. ::)

Hi everyone how many times roughly did we see foggy's house and did he live in the same one during the two stints he was in the show.
It just got me thinking after watching whoops at the end when they jump off the bus what a trek foggy had got to get to his house up in the hills.

Oddly it was just visible later in the series in the start of "Gypsies at the bottom of our Garden"

I don't recall any episode that showed the inside of Foggy's house, other than when he went in the attic to get his crooked golf clubs. There was another episode in which the opening scene shows him from a distance, then moves in closer showing him stretching in his pjs outside of what I assume is his door.

I don't recall any episode that showed the inside of Foggy's house, other than when he went in the attic to get his crooked golf clubs. There was another episode in which the opening scene shows him from a distance, then moves in closer showing him stretching in his pjs outside of what I assume is his door.

I think that was when they were on Holiday in Scarborough,as you say I do not think we every saw the inside of his house

No, we have never seen the inside of Foggy's. Would like to have. What else would he display besides the Hitler Youth Dagger/

We saw the side gate of his house when he was upgrading Compo,s moped before he did his wheelies,also when he came back home from Oswestry he went to the family home although we never saw it.We saw the front of one house when they were going to a funeral it had a small porch on the front .

There was bad continuity with Foggy finding his clubs.

In The Man from Oswestry he was returning to an empty house. In The Kink in Foggy's Niblick we are told he lives with his landlady.

It's clear from the landlady in question that this dialogue was written for the Blamire character, and wasn't rewritten to suit Foggy.

There was bad continuity with Foggy finding his clubs.

In The Man from Oswestry he was returning to an empty house. In The Kink in Foggy's Niblick we are told he lives with his landlady.

It's clear from the landlady in question that this dialogue was written for the Blamire character, and wasn't rewritten to suit Foggy.

I was thinking about that recently too. In the letter Blamire wrote to Clegg, he said Foggy was coming home to an empty house, with all his relatives either having died or moved away.

It seems that Foggy has had quite a few home addresses.As mentioned,he returned home to Arnold Crescent but we saw him in the attic of his landlady.In Enter the Phantom, he is seen in a sort of shed thingy between two houses while he tarts up Compos m/bike.So I always assumed that one of the houses on either side was Foggy;s.I suppose its also possible that this maybe Arnold Crescent.In Walking stiff can make you famous,we see Foggy in military riding breeches and puttees at the back of his house in a different area.We then see him move in across the way from Wesley and Edie in Return of the warrior.Thats all I can remember off hand.

Other characters that moved house were Norman Clegg,twice,as did Howard and Pearl.Marina moved once and im not sure if Barry and Glenda moved once or twice.There maybe a few more but again,thats all I can remember.

Hector :)

Clegg only moved once and Barry and Glenda moved once ,there new house looked a very nice property with someone having taken a bit of thaught on the design.Clegg I think benefited from his move as it is a much nicer part of the world and only a quick stagger to the White Horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think youll find that Cleggy actually moved twice.He first moved from a biggish detached house( that we see in earlier episodes like Hail Smiling Morn or Thereabouts,Small Tune on a Penny Wassail,etc.)to a house that seems to be opposite the clock tower.It sat among a row of a few other houses and had a narrow walkway in front.He then moves to the house were he remains for the rest of the programme.The one with the large terrace in front.Im sure someone more knowledgeable than I could give the names of the relevant areas.
I am sure I read somewhere(possibly A Vines book)that a neighbour at the second house/place wanted more money for permission to film but Alan Bell wasn't having it so moved everyone to where they remained.Apparently this was a blessing in disguise as it was a much easier and suitable place for filming,etc.

Hector.

Back