favourite Seymour series

9,then 11,then 10 for me. I reckon the people who owned Seymour's house wanted too much money after series 9

I like them all the same. Never disliked Seymour unlike some people and some of his episodes are the best of the run which must say something. :)

Same here I love the "Oh shut up and eat your choc-ice" how on earth they all managed to squeeze into that little car when the Ladies were given a lift is beyond me, it must have been quite hilarious to see it being filmed.

Definitely 9, 11, and then 10.

When Seymour debuted he was more of an affable "mad scientist" type. He later became the "snotty headmaster" type.
The earliest Seymour episodes, fromWhy Does Norman Clegg Buy Ladies Elastic Stockings? to Masculine Purse, is an absolutely special time for Summer Wine. However, I feel the Set the People Free is the best Seymour episode and perhaps the quintessential episode for Summer Wine's theme of carefree single men and oppressed married ones!

Season 11 has some real gems too, such as Three Men and A Mangle.

I agree, 9 was also my favorite. I liked his character much better in the beginning. Same with Clegg, I liked him better in the first few years as he was less timid around the women.

Back