Favourite Bond film

• Thread starter Chuffer Enwright
  • Start date
C

Chuffer Enwright

I know they may not be everybodies favourite line in cheesy, action films, in fact up until a few years ago I had got really, really tired of the format, but these days I really enjoy and evening in front of the fire and some 007 style thrills and spills on the telly or DVD.
Lets have your nominations for the best three...and perhaps a reason why.

Sorry but I don't like Bond films.I have tried to watch them but I've never managed to watch a complete film.

Sorry I didn't mean to put anyone off.The Bond films are huge so maybe I'm just odd (my wife would say there's no maybe about it)

That makes two of us George, I have never watched a Bond film either, don't appeal to me at all, I have never watched Star Wars ,Star Trek, Harry Potter, Lord of the rings either, other popular franchises..

Here it´s just the same, George and Robin! But funny this poll is coming up just now, 2 days ago I coincidentally watched a documentary about the Bond films, and just when I actually paid attention for once I saw Burt Kwouk being interviewed, lol!! I didn´t even know he was in them. He is a very nice and modest person, so funny to see him there on my TV screen at home (I´m not used to seeing Summer Wine stars on my TV because their things are scracely ever on over here).

As a kid, I really loved James Bond (as all boys do), particularly Sean and his oh-so-cool brogue and his oh-so-cool Aston Martin, although the first one I actually saw in a cinema was The Spy Who Loved Me, with Roger. After they came to the end of the novels with Octopussy, I lost interest and never watched any of the "made up" movies.

Funny thing though, some time ago I watched Dr. No and was amazed at the bad acting and the obviously fake fight scenes... after you grow up perhaps, you shouldn't go back to these things again.

Well Chuffer, I like them a lot....

The three I voted for:
Thunderball
Live and Let Die
Octopussy

Got to be No 1 .... Thunderball, followed by Goldfinger, and have to say i liked George Lazenby in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"!!

When i was much younger i used to really look forward to a Bond movie being shown on the telly or the local cinema.As i got older i still enjoyed them but not to the same extent.Now,i will only watch one if there is nothing else on any other channel that i want to watch.
My fav bond actor was Roger Moore followed by Sean Connery. For some reason i never really warmed to Timothy Dalton playing the part.

Hector.

Back