Favorite Toy or Game

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
What was everyone's favourite toy or game as a child . I still think mine were my Star Wars Collection. Fetching high prices these days. Comments please

I did books, even before I could read, rather than toys or games. I particularly recall Farmer's Boy by Randolph Caldecott. I believe I was about two years old when it was given to me.

I had Starbird too. The white one . Dunno what happened to it
There was also a Starbird base and an enemy craft called the Intruder. I never had them.

I also forgot the Lego castles and knights. I used to have loads of them. Britains toys were great too. :37:

Lego for me. My brother and I used to have it all in two big wooden boxes that Grandad made. We mainly built things with our own imaginations rather than following any instructions.

I had so many toys and video games growing up, it's hard to choose! Lol I guess if I had to pick, my favorite toys were probably my Barbie dolls and my favorite video game was the GTA series. This year, I got GTA 3, GTA San Andreas, and GTA Vice City on the Nintendo Switch so I've been kind of reliving my childhood a little and playing those. I also went to see the Barbie movie recently, which was freaking awesome, so in a way I also relived the Barbie doll side of my childhood! Lol

I had so many toys and video games growing up, it's hard to choose! Lol I guess if I had to pick, my favorite toys were probably my Barbie dolls and my favorite video game was the GTA series. This year, I got GTA 3, GTA San Andreas, and GTA Vice City on the Nintendo Switch so I've been kind of reliving my childhood a little and playing those. I also went to see the Barbie movie recently, which was freaking awesome, so in a way I also relived the Barbie doll side of my childhood! Lol
Wow that's a lot to take in. I remember the girl next door had a barbie and we married my Action Man to it

I did books, even before I could read, rather than toys or games. I particularly recall Farmer's Boy by Randolph Caldecott. I believe I was about two years old when it was given to me.
It hadn't occurred to me previously but now that I think about it, I believe that book was the start of my affection for England and for all things British. That culminated in my living extremely frugally in order to afford a minimum four-week visit annually.

The Bobbsey Twins, Hardy Boys, Cherry Ames, Nancy Drew -- all from Brentano's. Also, there were weekly visits to the local library. Later on, Perry Mason, Reader's Digest Condensed Books and books from my grandmother.

Screaming Demons……Evil Kinevil stunt bike….. Action Man……Aurora monster models…..Striker.
We ( brother) also had a Mamod steam engine we had some fun with

Screaming Demons……Evil Kinevil stunt bike….. Action Man……Aurora monster models…..Striker.
We ( brother) also had a Mamod steam engine we had some fun with
The Evil Kenevil was great unless you took it outside to try to rev it up on the launcher and scrape all the Skin off your knuckles

Back