Favorite British Non-Comedies

W

Who Is That Then

While I have not seen most all of British TV series, I have seen some very good ones thanks to DVD's and Amazon.uk. THese are some of my favorites in the following order:
Public Eye (what a thoroughly interesting and literally rivetting program)
The Avengers (This has been a favorite since I was a kid and saw it first run)
The Saint
Secret Agent (Danger Man) (another favorite when I was a kid and it was first run)
The Persuaders (Roger Moore makes this series a favorite, otherwise hum-drum)
Man In A Suitcase (great original stories and quirky lead character)
The Baron (exactly like a continuation of The Saint but without Roger Moore)
Man of The World (Peter Gunn travels the world may have been a better title)
The Protectors (same exact comment here that I give on The Adventurer)
Return of The Saint (The Baron was more like The Saint than this one though, Ian too young to be The Saint but still for The Saint's old time sake a favorite)
The Adventurer (kind of bad really, but I found it strangely entertaining, maybe because it was so cheesily bad) :eek:

Least favorites of the one's I've seen:
The Champions (way too far-fetched and boring for such an outlandish show)
Gideon's Way (once again a real disappointment after what I've read, I found the lead character totally unlikable, rude, thoughtless, and operated as if he had blinders on to anything but what he was currently interested in, this includes ignoring and totally dismissive of all supporting characters. The star of this one seemed to have a swelled head and thought he was great. I don't like actors who seem to believe their own publicity machines. :'()

I just LOVE Ballykissangel. Although that might be considered more Irish. Doc Martin is OK. Other than that, I don't know many others. Our PBS station focuses on comedy when it comes to British programming.

Back