Famous LOTSW filming locations...

R.STEED

Hi. Soon I'll be doing my very own 'Last of the Summer Wine' production using my HD Camcorder and my Nero 11 video production software.
First though,I need to know as many famous LOTSW filming locations as possible,so I would be very grateful if you could tell me as many of these famous locations as possible.

I need to know where Wesley's garage was,Howard and Pearl's home is and an episode where the trio are in the park and Foggy marches into the stream.

Please help..
Thankyou.
Richard Steed
www.youtube.com/user/rgs122

I also need to know especially where they all normally lie down in the field on the hills where Compo chews straw. Where is that?

Hi. Soon I'll be doing my very own 'Last of the Summer Wine' production using my HD Camcorder and my Nero 11 video production software.
First though,I need to know as many famous LOTSW filming locations as possible,so I would be very grateful if you could tell me as many of these famous locations as possible.

I need to know where Wesley's garage was,Howard and Pearl's home is and an episode where the trio are in the park and Foggy marches into the stream.

Please help..
Thankyou.
Richard Steed
www.youtube.com/user/rgs122

Richard

Have a look at the maps section,which you can get to from the main website,this has many of the locations marked

It would help if you could put photos near the filming locations as well as the google map bookmarks so we all know exactly where it is where you mean.
I'm trying to find exactly where those famous hills are where they normally lie down or walk along on the grassy hills over looking many miles of rural countryside and where the string music becomes more rural sounding if you know what I mean.
Do you know where I mean?

It would help if you could put photos near the filming locations as well as the google map bookmarks so we all know exactly where it is where you mean.
I'm trying to find exactly where those famous hills are where they normally lie on the hills over looking many miles of countryside.
Do you know where I mean?

There are limitations on what you can do with these maps,the big advantage is in most cases once you have found the basic location,you can then go onto street view and have a good look around,I know some of these spots are off the roads and if you are a good walker,then you need to take some of the tracks from the road and wander,most will have road access near by,as they had to get all the filming equipment to the location

My best guesses as far as the times overlooking the land and where they've relaxed would be:

1. Cheese Gate Nab Side in Hepworth (that's usually where they take strolls)

2. Also the road that connects Scar Hole Lane and Scaly Gate (ending of Three Men and a Mangle) in Hepworth

3. The hill on Blackmoorfoot Road, Slaithwaite right next to Blackmoorfoot Reservoir and the pub Will O' Nats. (Cheering Up Ludovic) This is where Clegg had a question and it went into a discussion about someone in Huddersfield being smarter than Albert Einstein.

4. Royd Lane to Cemetary Lane, Holmfirth is where they've walked through fields and taken strolls down the road. (especially in the opening of The Odd Dog Men.

One of the snags is that some items were only there for filming, Wesley's garage being one, I seem to recall.

I've wondered about the same thing. In which direction is the camera pointing when they stop, stare at the clouds, and pass the time? It's hard to tell because they seem to film at high noon when there are no shadows.

Back