Eyup-(debs)

Eyup

Hi there, a little info to introduce myself, still new to emailing etc!!! My name is Deborah or Debs I live in HOLMFIRTH in a house which I am sure you have all heard of the "utterthwaite postal university" or "seymores cottage". We have lived here for the last 7years and have had quite a few people calling from various parts of the world to take pictures of our lovely home. A lovely gentleman called Pete( better known as "28steps")wrote to our family saying how much interest there was in the "summerwine programme" and could he take some pictures of our home, and the rest is history. Suffice to say we love it here but the winters are hard but the summers are glorious. Take care. Debs

Hi there, a little info to introduce myself, still new to emailing etc!!! My name is Deborah or Debs I live in HOLMFIRTH in a house which I am sure you have all heard of the "utterthwaite postal university" or "seymores cottage". We have lived here for the last 7years and have had quite a few people calling from various parts of the world to take pictures of our lovely home. A lovely gentleman called Pete( better known as "28steps")wrote to our family saying how much interest there was in the "summerwine programme" and could he take some pictures of our home, and the rest is history. Suffice to say we love it here but the winters are hard but the summers are glorious. Take care. Debs

From an "Interested Party " Glad to have you on board as it were . We hope you can carry on the good work with the house and enjoy it for many more years!:42:

Welcome from another "interested party". So glad you've joined us and that you're giving Seymour's cottage the TLC that it deserves.

Marianna

Hi Debs, welcome to the forum its good to have here. Is the pond still there? :)

Welcome Deb's and enjoy living in the home of UPU and are you still doing postal courses

Wow ! Welcome, Debs. What fun it must be to live in the house and see it on the screen. Is the pond still there . and the mailbox?

Hi Debs, welcome to the forum its good to have here. Is the pond still there? :)

Hi pearl, yes the pond is still here but was moved to the side of the house,the producer of summerwine called at our house a few years ago with a lady from Chicago who was running the series over there, he said it was at the front of the house but they had to fill it up every time they did filming up here! I can't think why because the land retains water up here! It's heavy clay!!!!!!

Wow ! Welcome, Debs. What fun it must be to live in the house and see it on the screen. Is the pond still there . and the mailbox?

Hi there,yes the pond is still here but it was moved to the side of the house and sadly the postbox was removed before we moved in. We love living here it's so peaceful , the wildlife is great and scenery is stunning! Lovely to hear from you.

Hi Debs,welcome to the forum,its great to have you here,and thanks again for letting me see Seymours house,I can't think of a lovelier family to look after it,sorry I'm only just replying,sometimes I do long periods of shifts and have no time between,so often don't come on here for a while,I drove past your house today on my way to Ramsden reservoir,and thought of you,and Seymour,as I drove past.
I took some photos from the scenes from an episode called Watching the clock,how lovely to hear from you.
Pete xx

Just catching up and can i add my welcome to your arrival here!

I seem to recall that Seymour's house was empty when they first filmed, so glad to know that it is back in use.

Do you use a key or is the voice-activated system still working?

Hello Debs
Welcome to the group , to quote Tommy Trinder " You lucky people" living not only in an idyllic part of the country but in Seymour's old gaff . I'm sure there are drawbacks with people nosing about but hopefully it is not too intrusive and you are enjoying the delights of living in an abode which has been captured on celluloid for eternity [thankfully the BEEB did not overwrite the tapes which they did with so many series The Gnomes of Dulwich being one I would like to see again.

Anyway I have wittered on enough look forward to your contributions to the group.

Cheers

Captain C

Back