cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Watching Eva's Back In Town last night and there was
a sign for Holmfirth. Only time I can remember
that name appearing in the show.

Watching Eva's Back In Town last night and there was
a sign for Holmfirth. Only time I can remember
that name appearing in the show.

Seen it on Buses in earlier episodes and I am not sure but where some of the early papers seen in Library the Holmfirth Gazette

In Series 1 the trio are in the library reading the Holmfirth Express newspaper - some effort made here bearing in mind this was a studio scene.

I think in some of the early episodes buses are seen with Holmfirth on their destination whatever-they're-called.

Oh please tell me . . what is Eva's back In Town?

The name of episode six of series twenty nine of Last Of The Summer Wine.

I just copied and pasted that from Goggle as I hadn't a clue initially. I thought they were talking about another sit-com at first. :D

Back in the old days, on another long-gone SW forum, some
of us set up mail trees such that we could send out a set
of discs to a mailing list. Each person would receive the
mailed discs, copy them (or watch them) and then send them
on to the next person. Lots of folks got to see SW episodes
they otherwise would miss.

Neat idea, huh???

That's an excellent idea. I only have 4 2-disc boxes for the past year and can't really afford to buy more yet. I have to settle for watching the other series on YouTube on my laptop.

I am sure that Clegg mentions Holmfirth by name in There we go again in to the wild blue yonder.
Clegg" The Doodle bug is alive and well and living near Holmfirth." I am not 100% on this cos he says it over the laughter track. Chek it out and see what you think.

There's an episode, I think it's the second episode with Kenneth Cope and Maggie Ollerenshaw, where you can clearly see a sign for Holmfirth Church.

vlcsnap-00090.jpg

The bus at the end of Whoops also has the destination board of Holmfirth

slightly off topic I know, but please ca someone tellme - there are two episodes im keen to track down - which I THINK i've found on Dailymotion.

The one where Alvin is pretending to be struggling with something and says "did you think I was in trouble, lass?" and Nora says "I did.......adyou are!"

The other episode is the plate/recipe joke between Alvin and Nora?

Thanks guys

The one where Alvin is pretending to be struggling with something and says "did you think I was in trouble, lass?" and Nora says "I did.......adyou are!"
That one was from "Available For Weddings" Series 26 Episode 6

and
Back in the old days, on another long-gone SW forum, some
of us set up mail trees such that we could send out a set
of discs to a mailing list. Each person would receive the
mailed discs, copy them (or watch them) and then send them
on to the next person. Lots of folks got to see SW episodes
they otherwise would miss.
I think that a very good idea, I have boxed sets series 19 to 24 and almost all episodes from there to the end.

I've just watched Arts of Concealment again, and I noticed a sign posted on the glass of the Cafe door announcing the Hardin Moss Sheepdog Trials and the location listed is Greenfield Road, Holmfirth. You have to hit the pause button just as Clegg is closing the door in order to have time to read it.

I've just watched Arts of Concealment again, and I noticed a sign posted on the glass of the Cafe door announcing the Hardin Moss Sheepdog Trials and the location listed is Greenfield Road, Holmfirth. You have to hit the pause button just as Clegg is closing the door in order to have time to read it.

In Fact they have just held the sheep trails in Holmfirth this weeked

Back