Eric

Inky Batty

Dedicated Member
Here we go for anew thread.
From the top of my head, which is a mess, I can think of three mentions of the name Eric in the series.
It seems to be a first name that was either of its time or very much redundant nowadays.
So, your challenge is.....name the Eric references in the show and then name another famous Eric from the world of.....anything.
I'll start us off.
A Dewhurst up a fir tree ......Foggy got diddled for a tenner by Eric (who? 'big' Eric) for some Xmas trees.
My nomination for an Eric outside the show is an obvious one...
Eric Bristow, the Crafty Cockney dartist.

It would seem that I've missed at least two Eric's in the show as both mentions are correct and the two I was thinking of haven't been said yet.

I have two Eric's , Wreckless Eric for the era of Punk and Upstairs at Eric's in Matthew St Liverpool where so many great bands got the chance to launch their careers . Everyone and his dog take photos of the Cavern and hardly anyone takes a photo of Eric's . When I have visited I took a photo and everyone turned around wondering what I was doing.

IMG_2909.JPG

IMG_2910.JPG

In 'Its Never Ten Years', there was discussion between Truly Clegg and Alvin about the late Compo's ferrets' names. One of the names discussed was Eric as an alternate to Brenda.

I agree with Roger, my favorite Eric would have to be slow hand.

At the end of Ferret Come Home, the lads see a man working under a car. Compo thinks it's their Charlie but Foggy says it's their Eric. After inspecting his ankles they realise their Eric lives in the next street.

On Auf Wiedersehen Pet Oz refers to the German workers as Erics . It made me think why appears they were commonly referred to as Jerry's so to confuse any German people who were fluent in English they were referred to as Erics .

Back