earnshaw strikes again pub

Does anyone know if it was filmed in a proper pub or would it have been the studio thanks

Well the fact that in parts you can see a ceiling and the reflection of the lighting in Foggy's glasses being level with him sitting down makes me think it could be in a real pub

The easiest way to tell is if it was on film or videotape. If it was on film, then it would be in a real place. On videotape it would be in the studio.

The easiest way to tell is if it was on film or videotape. If it was on film, then it would be in a real place. On videotape it would be in the studio.

Just cannot follow this! I understand that from Series #14 onwards, possibly until onset of HDTV at Series #27 (2006), everything was shot on film.

Mind, this use of film still puzzles me. Film cannot be transmitted - it outputs light, not a transmittable RF signal. I note in Wikipedia for Series #14, "This was the first series to be shot entirely on film, although the complete episode was still assembled on videotape." Why put anything on film in the first place? Maybe need to get to grips with the Alan JW Bell book a bit more.

Just cannot follow this! I understand that from Series #14 onwards, possibly until onset of HDTV at Series #27 (2006), everything was shot on film.

Mind, this use of film still puzzles me. Film cannot be transmitted - it outputs light, not a transmittable RF signal. I note in Wikipedia for Series #14, "This was the first series to be shot entirely on film, although the complete episode was still assembled on videotape." Why put anything on film in the first place? Maybe need to get to grips with the Alan JW Bell book a bit more.

I had a chat with Pat O'Shea one day,and I remarked to him that old movies are coming out as HD quality on Bluray disc's, I said how can they be HD,his reply was the film is scanned and stored as data,and because of the size of the original image the quality is very good compared to watching it on VHS tape scanned from the film,in the past they would scan the film for transmission using high speed tape,once losw was recorded in HD it was pure digital

Forgot to add when it was filmed on film,they would send this South every night and the next day a video tape would arrive,so Alan Bell could check the previous days filming and correct any errors

Back