DVD Box set

Yep noticed that, I'm just waiting to see how they're laid out before I buy them.

Really torn over this. I have stacks of old LOTSW discs containing all
the programs but in no particular order or organization. We
do manage to watch the "complete set" every year or so but
I am wondering whether this "organized" set might be
an improvement. She who must be obeyed says we don't
need this set.

I see according to a review on Amazon it does not include pilot episode. But series 1 and 2 now have subtitles.

If it does not included the pilot,then it is not the complete collection as advertised, but reading the text at the bottom of the page a comment at the end states this info is out of date,see below

"It's destiny, fate that brings us together. Redundancy. They just don't care that your mother used to eat insurance men and that yours was struggling to bring you up nicely as a little poof". So says Clegg (Peter Sallis) addressing his companions, Compo (Bill Owen) and Blamire (Michael Bates), three fellows getting on in years reunited by unemployment after knowing each other all their lives in a small Yorkshire town. There's no real story to Last of the Summer Wine, simply the well-observed banter of the central trio and a gallery of eccentric supporting characters. Compo, the irreverent and scruffy "village idiot" and Clegg, the amiable working man are well-loved figures, but the middle-class Conservative Blamire, a nicely rounded portrayal by Bates, may surprise fans expecting to see Foggy (Brian Wilde), who didn't join the series until 1976. This double-video presents the six episodes of the first series, from 1973, of the longest-running comedy in British television history. It's a shame the pilot episode which introduced the characters has not been included, and that the credits have been edited out, but this is a reminder of how good Last of the Summer Wine once was, when it was new, fresh and laugh-out-loud funny. --Gary S. Dalkin --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Back