Definitely one for (my) record books!

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
Serviced a customers laptop this morning. You know the kind of thing, delete all the dross, kill a few un-needed auto-starting apps and run Malwarebytes...... OH NO!
See the image below for how many threats were found ... ... :devil2:
Oh so many.jpg

Best to go through and track them manually via the registry, then removed them, otherwise you will be bored by 10am

CCleaner free edition has a registry cleaner . If it finds the same errors as Malware bytes then you could just clean all with that and it means you don't have to trawl through .

I'm brutal, binned the bloody lot!!
It was an Acer laptop, so was full of totally needless and useless garbage, 98% of the pre-installed detritus was binned too. Laptop now runs smoothly and very much quicker. Customer over the moon :D

I shudder to think what mine would look like, I'm justing going to act like my laptop is my handbag, when it gets full of cr....rubbish I'll hide it in a board and buy a new one!

Roy and Moss from 'The IT Crowd' would have had a fit seeing that !:13: Have you tried turning it Off and On again? :29:

" Are free Mr Humphrey's ?" . " I will be in two shakes of a lambs tail Captain Peacock once I free my leg from this comb and step over the lipsticks , eyebrow pencil, mascara, foundation cream ......................" ;)

Yes, I'll have to admit that the local computer cleaners have been hard at work on my computer. On another note, I actually clean my purse only when it goes past 10 pounds (weight, not coinage).

Back