Dads Army film

chris

Dedicated Member
It was bound to happen but they obviously need the money ,Dads Army movie the new one is out on dvd at £10 to much bearing in mind what rubbish it is.I watched the original movie last night and believe me it was not brilliant but a whole lot better than this new one.Sorry to take up space on our site with this.

The biggest crime it commits is..........It is not funny! The ideas are there but in execution it all falls flat!

Every review I have seen , pans it! No-one has a good word for it! :thumbsdown::cautious:

Well I have ordered it just to make up my collection. I have all the episodes on dvd. I hope it`s not quite as bad as everyone is saying. But I don`t hold out much hope.:frown:

There are a few moments in it which are pure Dad's Army, usually from the Mainwaring character.

Let us know what you think.

I've seen it once at the cinema.

It does pay to watch some things twice.

Watched it on the plane today coming home
from the UK (Holmfirth and Hawes mainly).

Really liked it, specially Ian Lavender as the
Brigadier (Ian was in the original as Pike).

Well your comments are saving me cash. I have decided on the basis of information received not to purchase aforeaid new ersion. I will stick to the old tried and trusted stuff.

Ever the traditionalist!

I suspect it will be a couple of quid in Tesco's by Christmas

Let us know what you think.

I've seen it once at the cinema.

It does pay to watch some things twice.
As promised wstol my assessment of the film. I have just finished watching it and I am afraid it was not good at all. I was hoping it would have been better than a lot of people were saying but I was disappointed. T he only time the Dads Army theme tune was used was over a little of the closing credits, which I think would have given it a little more atmosphere (if that's the right word). As a Dads Army fan I look forward to getting out my DVD`S of the original series.:notworthy:

The original 1971 film was always a bit of a disappointment to the original writers themselves, though I thought that was passable enough. However, in recent years, Jimmy Perry has watched it again, and was quoted to say something like - you know, it's not that bad.

Don't know what he makes of the new one.

Actually I think I do.

The original 1971 film was always a bit of a disappointment to the original writers themselves, though I thought that was passable enough. However, in recent years, Jimmy Perry has watched it again, and was quoted to say something like - you know, it's not that bad.

Don't know what he makes of the new one.

Actually I think I do.
Yes I agree, it does grow on you. But I don`t think the new one will.

Back