Cooper & Walsh

happyjack

Dedicated Member
I have just received an e-mail from crowdfunder stating that the Cooper & Walsh bid has failed. What now I wonder?:25:

I'm not really surprised. The fans of Summerwine tend to skew to the older side (I'm 45 and I get the sense that I'm one of the younger active members of this board) and I don't think "crowdfunding" really resonates with older folks. Maybe I'm wrong. Still, it doesn't feel like there is a big active fanbase of Summerwine lovers at this point.

I'm not really surprised. The fans of Summerwine tend to skew to the older side (I'm 45 and I get the sense that I'm one of the younger active members of this board) and I don't think "crowdfunding" really resonates with older folks. Maybe I'm wrong. Still, it doesn't feel like there is a big active fanbase of Summerwine lovers at this point.

Based on the number of years between the founding of Summerwine.net and my realization that it exists, as well as the steady trickle of new members, I suspect that we may be just the tip of the iceberg. If so, that means that there are a lot of fans who never heard about the possibility of the Cooper & Walsh episodes and the opportunity to help out with funding.

Marianna

Based on the number of years between the founding of Summerwine.net and my realization that it exists, as well as the steady trickle of new members, I suspect that we may be just the tip of the iceberg. If so, that means that there are a lot of fans who never heard about the possibility of the Cooper & Walsh episodes and the opportunity to help out with funding.

Marianna
I think you could be right Marianna

Marianna

According to the Forum statistics ,this forum has 368 members and of these 62 are active. That leaves 302 members who may or may not have heard of the Cooper and Walsh project. :14:

That leaves 302 members who may or may not have heard of the Cooper and Walsh project.
The project was fairly well advertised (small scale) it appeared in national media/papers/radio and judging by the many thousands on facebook that thought it a good idea and were supportive it should have taken off!

The project was fairly well advertised (small scale) it appeared in national media/papers/radio and judging by the many thousands on facebook that thought it a good idea and were supportive it should have taken off!

Too be honest I think it was the amount needed and the time of year the funding was started. It would have been great to do this but no one has that kind of money.

I'm disgusted with the BBC all the carp they put on over xmas and expected us to watch is ridiculous, our TV was off more that it was on and when it was on we were watching DVDs. I can count on one hand the new programs we watched and they were Open All Hours and Last Tango In Halifax, that was it. Come to think of it that was all the TV we watched on all the channels!!

If they just paid one less so called" celeb "to do something stupid they would have had the money to do Cooper and Walsh.

Not being part of the Facebook community Tony, I had no idea it had been so well received nationally! Did not see it at all in my paper.::)

Yes it is a shame the funds could not be raised,a lot of time was spent trying all avenue's, the BBC TV stations would not offer any interviews,some BBC radio stations did interview Ken,in the early press they got the whole thing wrong and made out LOSW was coming back,which sparked a frenzy on Facebook with some folk adamant losw was coming back,they had insider info but when asked for any proof there was none available,so they had read the press releases and just thought great it is going to happen.
So I don't know what happens next,if Ken & Louis want to try again later this year or think they gave it their best shot and leave it at that,they may do more stage shows later this year and would love to take it on the road and tour the UK but again a lack of any sponsors to be able to fund doing this

,which sparked a frenzy on Facebook with some folk adamant losw was coming back,they had insider info but when asked for any proof there was none available,so they had read the press releases and just thought great it is going to happen.
s

That bloke had me tearing my hair out....... :02::02::unhappy::unhappy:

Has anyone who donated received his/her refund from Crowdfunder yet? Their email said that 'All monies will be returned to your PayPal account within the next 24 hours.' The message was sent at 9:06 AM Eastern time yesterday, so the refunds should have been posted to PayPal by now.

Marianna

Has anyone who donated received his/her refund from Crowdfunder yet? Their email said that 'All monies will be returned to your PayPal account within the next 24 hours.' The message was sent at 9:06 AM Eastern time yesterday, so the refunds should have been posted to PayPal by now.

Marianna

No money was taken in the first place. It was not going to be taken until the target was reached.

I replied to CrowdFunder's message asking when I might expect the refund. No joy yet.

Marianna

Too be honest I think it was the amount needed and the time of year the funding was started. It would have been great to do this but no one has that kind of money.

I'm disgusted with the BBC all the carp they put on over xmas and expected us to watch is ridiculous, our TV was off more that it was on and when it was on we were watching DVDs. I can count on one hand the new programs we watched and they were Open All Hours and Last Tango In Halifax, that was it. Come to think of it that was all the TV we watched on all the channels!!

If they just paid one less so called" celeb "to do something stupid they would have had the money to do Cooper and Walsh.

I can understand people being disappointed that this hasn`t worked out but (and I hope you don`t mind me saying this) I don`t think the BBC can be blamed for one second. They gave LOTSW 31 series and, unless they received a great pilot script, the BBC really shouldn`t be making a spin-off from it.

It would be great to have some Cooper and Walsh episodes if they were written by Roy Clarke but for the BBC to give him two new shows (one a remake and one a spin-off) when he is nearly 85 would be an odd decision.