Computer Memory

Adanor

Dedicated Member
I need to know if it is better to replace the CPU (the box, this is a desktop) or is it better to just have memory added.

I need to know if it is better to replace the CPU (the box, this is a desktop) or is it better to just have memory added.

I'm with Cleggy on this one!! If it's electrical I shall just get confused! :13:

Depends on how old the machine is,what CPU is in it at the moment,how much memory do you currently have in the machine,what operating system does it run

If it is an older cpu,then to upgrade you need to change most of the components and more often it is cheaper to replace the desktop complete rather than upgrade just odd components

Yes I have an old PC - do not use much now as it is running XP - but cheaper and easier to get a new tower with CPU and drives and software but can re-use the screen, keyboard and mouse as these parts of the old system were upgraded at some time in its life.

However for the time being I am using an Apple iMac.

Back